cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting antsy. Should I call? Does it matter???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting antsy. Should I call? Does it matter???

For my DV on ACS, which they didn't respond to twice.. it's now in the hands of a stupid useless investigation at Experian...
Should I just call the dummies and see what's going on?? See if I can get some sort of helpful action over the phone? I mean, really. They're a pretty small-town collection firm. I KNOW I don't owe because I have paid off ALL accounts with this hospital, and I've checked with the hospital and they say that I owe nothing. They don't have the account on file for me!

Maybe I should just call... What do you guys think? Would it really hurt anything at this point? It's not like I can say anything incriminating -- if anything, it will be them that are incriminated. Maybe I'll find someone helpful who will get the account deleted right then and there??? Grrr...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm getting antsy. Should I call? Does it matter???

ivyalmighty wrote:

Maybe I should just call... What do you guys think? Would it really hurt anything at this point? It's not like I can say anything incriminating -- if anything, it will be them that are incriminated. Maybe I'll find someone helpful who will get the account deleted right then and there??? Grrr...

How long ago did you send it to EX?

Don't call. Just be patient! You'll be disappointed when you call and they don't tell you anything anyway. So instead of antsy in your pantsy you'll just be frustrated!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ex received it 13 May, but sent me a letter dated 20 May saying the investigation was started. So, I don't know which of those two dates is the actual day to start counting 30 days... plus, I know Ex is just going to verify it anyway. They said as much in their letter... see my post on the subject yesterday.

I am so boggled by this account. The CA has been grrreat on the other 3 accounts I had with them. Let me PFD, no problem for two of them. Deleted the one that wasn't mine, no problem. But this one, which also isn't mine, they have never said a word about. Maybe it's because I handled the others over the phone?? I don't know.. I dind't know as much when I started, and took care of everything over the phone, just requested follow-up letters when needed. That's why it's hard for me not to call on this issue.
Message 3 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

did you ever call the CA to speak with a higher up? Did you threaten to sue them yet?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For my DV on ACS, which they didn't respond to twice.. it's now in the hands of a stupid useless investigation at Experian...

Do you mean ACS as in student loans?

Good luck with them ... we've been after them for 2 years regarding problems with our account (history and how much owed)!! Even formally requested a copy of the promissory note FOUR times!! Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schoolbus,

I didn't call to talk to a super.. I talked myself into just waiting, but here it is again, like a week later, and I'm biting my nails again! Grrr!

In both DV letters, there is definitely the insinuation of suing, and when I sent my delete packet to the CRAs, with copies of my DV letters & greencards, I ALSO sent a full copy of that entire packet to Absolute as well, with the letter addressed to Experian, but cc'd to Absolute.. so they have to know by know that I'm serious.

Ok, I'm gonna call tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

And Wonderin, no, it's not SLs, THANK GOODNESS! I had a terrible time getting info corrected with Sallie Mae, as well.. I feel your pain! This ACS is Absolute Collect Services out of Raleigh, NC.
Message 6 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Im wishing the best for you, let us know!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.