Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to cry happy tears

tag
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

I'm going to cry happy tears

I was on the USAA site to check our insurance balances and decided to look into their secured CC. Read all the info about the card and clicked the apply button, completed my personal info and was fully expecting to have to enter my/our banking info for the deposit. Clicked next and the page hung for what seemed like an eternity (probably 2 minutes at the most). I started to get frustrated because I didn't want a hard pull for nothing. Anyway, the page switched to the congratulations page. I was approved for the unsecured Classic Platinum MasterCard for $1000!!!! This card brings my available limit from $600 to $1,600.

I am tickled pink! The little bit of progress up to this point is paying off and I now have even MORE motivation because I know things are getting better! Gonna keep fixing my report and keep using what credit I do have responsibly.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm going to cry!

congrats! i love USAA!!

keep doing what your doing and in 6 months to a year  you will probably get a 7k limit and great APR on a new card from them

Message 2 of 15
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

congrats! i love USAA!!

keep doing what your doing and in 6 months to a year  you will probably get a 7k limit and great APR on a new card from them

How doe sthis happen? What can I do to get CLI's?? 

Anyway congrats OP....I'm happy for you. I know the feeling Smiley Happy 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm going to cry happy tears

@dawnm72174 wrote:

I was on the USAA site to check our insurance balances and decided to look into their secured CC. Read all the info about the card and clicked the apply button, completed my personal info and was fully expecting to have to enter my/our banking info for the deposit. Clicked next and the page hung for what seemed like an eternity (probably 2 minutes at the most). I started to get frustrated because I didn't want a hard pull for nothing. Anyway, the page switched to the congratulations page. I was approved for the unsecured Classic Platinum MasterCard for $1000!!!! This card brings my available limit from $600 to $1,600.

I am tickled pink! The little bit of progress up to this point is paying off and I now have even MORE motivation because I know things are getting better! Gonna keep fixing my report and keep using what credit I do have responsibly.

Grats on your new USAA card and your continued success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

THank you everyone.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting your first credit card after years of being declared unworthy of credit is such an exhilirating feeling. There's nothing quite like forward momentum. Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATULATIONS!

Message 7 of 15
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

So true. Thank you!
Message 8 of 15
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and good luck on your continued credit journey!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice and congrats..

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.