cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in CA Hell!!! Paid original creditor 9 years ago in full! MIDLAND is collecting NOW??? WTF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in CA Hell!!! Paid original creditor 9 years ago in full! MIDLAND is collecting NOW??? WTF?

I have a serious situation! I cannot schedule the closing for the purchase of my home until CA accounts remarks are removed from my report. EQ FX and EXP have removed remarks (ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMER) but TU is impossible to deal with. They want me to start a dispute to remove a remark I put on my account? WHY? I should be able to say I am not disputing the account anymore and that's that, but TU wants the CA to confirm that the account is not disputed. I have attempted to contact Midland and agreed to send them a letter stating that I no longer dispute the accounts, which has sucked, because now they are putting balances and all kinds of late flags on my accounts bringing down my score 22 points in 1 day.

Not to mention that one of the accounts was paid in full to the original creditor in August of 2000. Midland said the original creditor gave them the account in 2006 and they just now in 2009 are adding it to my report! Why would the original creditor give this account to Midland when I paid it in full in August of 2000. The only evidence I have of payment is a print out from Experian's Credit Report from August 2009 showing that the original creditor closed the account as per consumer's request in August 2000 and the remarks say I paid as agreed and was never late. I do not have a receipt to prove this only a print out from a credit report that is referencing an account that they do not longer list. I am so frustrated I can't think straight. What do you suggest?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm in CA Hell!!! Paid original creditor 9 years ago in full! MIDLAND is collecting NOW??? WTF?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a serious situation! I cannot schedule the closing for the purchase of my home until CA accounts remarks are removed from my report. EQ FX and EXP have removed remarks (ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMER) but TU is impossible to deal with. They want me to start a dispute to remove a remark I put on my account? WHY? I should be able to say I am not disputing the account anymore and that's that, but TU wants the CA to confirm that the account is not disputed. I have attempted to contact Midland and agreed to send them a letter stating that I no longer dispute the accounts, which has sucked, because now they are putting balances and all kinds of late flags on my accounts bringing down my score 22 points in 1 day.

Not to mention that one of the accounts was paid in full to the original creditor in August of 2000. Midland said the original creditor gave them the account in 2006 and they just now in 2009 are adding it to my report! Why would the original creditor give this account to Midland when I paid it in full in August of 2000. The only evidence I have of payment is a print out from Experian's Credit Report from August 2009 showing that the original creditor closed the account as per consumer's request in August 2000 and the remarks say I paid as agreed and was never late. I do not have a receipt to prove this only a print out from a credit report that is referencing an account that they do not longer list. I am so frustrated I can't think straight. What do you suggest?

Call the OC.  Tell them what is going on.  Maybe they can assist you with records.   Do you still use the same bank???  Did you pay by check??

Even if you don't use the same bank, GO THERE!!  Tell them what happened & you need to find old checks.  The only thing that will hurt you is if you always got your old checks back & have thrown them away.

Did Midland send you a dunning letter???  Did you send back a DV?? 

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 11-03-2009 12:06 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.