cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in the 700 club!!! Rebuild has ended!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the 700 club!!! Rebuild has ended!!

I would like to encourage everyone who is starting their rebuild or in the middle of a rebuild.  At the end of 2014 I needed a car and applied for financing,  I had scores in the low 400's!! I was embarrased at the dealership.  I was forced into a high interest loan and as a result, I started my rebuild.  At the end of 2015 I was just passed 650 when I was blind sided by 2 new collections. 

As today, I have no more collections and my only derogative account is a closed account with some very old late pays. I have tackled 10 collections and a lot of other derogatives including a dismissed BK.  I've used PFD and other methods I learned here on myFICO including filing complaints with CFBP when appropriate.

Today for the first time in my life I am above 700 on all 3 reports!!!  Thanks to the people on myFICO for sharing your knowledge. I not only learned how to tackle the derogatives but I also learned which credit to apply for and when.  I learned from this forum how to handle a reconsideration and how to handle a loan refinance request for a lower rate. I also learned how and when to request a CLI. As a result I have only been denied credit one time in the last 2 years and opened numerous accounts.  I am now going to try and stay in the garden and grow to 750. Thanks be to God.

Stay encouraged and dont give up no matter what.  You will get there!

myScore.JPG

UPDATE 06/26/17 My only derogative account (mentioned above) has been deleted from TU and EQ! I now have 2 clean reports! Unbelievably I didn’t do anything except never contacted the creditor. It was an old auto loan I paid off about almost 4 years ago. It had 3/60/90 day late pays. . I never contacted them for goodwill adjustment because they weren’t reporting all the late pays. I thought if I contacted then they would update and things would be worse. Suddenly the whole account disappeared from TU and EQ giving me 25 points on those reports. Hopefully EX is not far behind.  Keep the faith!!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in the 700 club!!! Rebuild has ended!!

Congratulations-your story is very encouraging!
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the work you've done so far! 700 is where the majority of consumers are so keep on building! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
JRAGS28
Established Member

Congratulations

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your rebuild Soloman! Glad to see your hard work paid of. I love seeing people's success stories.Thanks for sharing yours.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awe inspiring story. I'm almost there👍🏽👍🏽
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 

Message 7 of 22
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the 700, but there is no reason to stop rebuilding...there is still room available in the 800+ club. I will continue building till I hit 850.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarge12 wrote:

Congratulations on the 700, but there is no reason to stop rebuilding...there is still room available in the 800+ club. I will continue building till I hit 850.

You are absolutely right. I will continue to work on my credit to reach higher ground!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the work you've done so far! 700 is where the majority of consumers are so keep on building! Smiley Happy

Yes I will!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.