cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in the 700 club!!! Rebuild has ended!!

tag
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm in the 700 club!!! Rebuild has ended!!

Woohoo! So inspiring! Can't wait to join you! Keep on going. You've got all the tools. 😃
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Congrats on a job well done.  Patience, perseverance, and utilizing good credit in the end pays off.  Gardening is a good way to continue to build on the momentum.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 22
ulyssesmama
Contributor

Woohoo! Congrats! 🍾 I hope I can share a similar story next year!

Capital one QS $3000, Discover $2500, Barclay $1300, Credit one $500, Sony $500, Indigo $300, buypowercard $300, Applied bank secured $300, Walmart $500, Kohl's $500, HSN $1000 (shopping cart trick), Victoria secret (SCT) $300, Overstock.com $250 (SCT), Paypal credit $900
I think these are good considering I had filled chapter 13 in Nov 2011.
FICO March 28 2017 TU 659, EQ 641, EX 645
New CLs walmart $1000, HSN $1200, buypowercard $500, VS $450, Overstock $450, Mobile infirmary credit union $500, Belk $400, old navy (soft pull) $300, BOA (secured) $500, credit builder loan (alabama credit union) $500

Message 13 of 22
iowe
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! I can relate to your story. I'll never let my credit get screwed up again. I'm sitting at 700's now as well.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to encourage everyone who is starting their rebuild or in the middle of a rebuild.  At the end of 2014 I needed a car and applied for financing,  I had scores in the low 400's!! I was embarrased at the dealership.  I was forced into a high interest loan and as a result, I started my rebuild.  At the end of 2015 I was just passed 650 when I was blind sided by 2 new collections. 

As today, I have no more collections and my only derogative account is a closed account with some very old late pays. I have tackled 10 collections and a lot of other derogatives including a dismissed BK.  I've used PFD and other methods I learned here on myFICO including filing complaints with CFBP when appropriate.

Today for the first time in my life I am above 700 on all 3 reports!!!  Thanks to the people on myFICO for sharing your knowledge. I not only learned how to tackle the derogatives but I also learned which credit to apply for and when.  I learned from this forum how to handle a reconsideration and how to handle a loan refinance request for a lower rate. I also learned how and when to request a CLI. As a result I have only been denied credit one time in the last 2 years and opened numerous accounts.  I am now going to try and stay in the garden and grow to 750. Thanks be to God.

Stay encouraged and dont give up no matter what.  You will get there!

myScore.JPG

I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast but I'm like hot butter on breakfast toast!! Check out my latest update.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 1.45.29 PM.png

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! What an amazing story. I am also currently rebuilding and lacking the patience as my fico scores and credit worthiness increases. But, wait I must. Keep it up!!

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow...you did that!!!

Message 17 of 22
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you and thank you for that inspiration! Smiley Tongue

I enjoy seeing success stories such as yours, it makes me appreciate my journey because I too hope to be where you are soon!

I hope to never be where I am now, pushing forward and never looking back! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump because I added an update to the original post.

Message 19 of 22
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Great Job.  Do not stop building.  Shoot for 750 or even 800.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.