cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in the garden, but I keep getting inquiries on my report...

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I'm in the garden, but I keep getting inquiries on my report...

The last day of my app spree was 11/24/12. Two inquiries have shown up since then. I did apply for those cards in the beginning of November, but is it normal for inquiries to show up weeks later? Credit Karma is my only reference.... Also, does it mean I have to start my gardening date over???? Woman FrustratedWoman Mad

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm in the garden, but I keep getting inquiries on my report...

What are the inquires from ? Are your CC co. checking up on you with a new hard pull or is it just the inquiry (original showed up late)

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may just be that CK has a delay in sending you alerts.

I use USAA credit monitoring and it shows my inquiry alerts a few days later but then when I click on the inquiry it gives me thae actual inquiry date from when my credit was pulled.

This may be normal, just my experience

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

The last day of my app spree was 11/24/12. Two inquiries have shown up since then. I did apply for those cards in the beginning of November, but is it normal for inquiries to show up weeks later? Credit Karma is my only reference.... Also, does it mean I have to start my gardening date over???? Woman FrustratedWoman Mad

Message 3 of 10
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

What are the inquires from ? Are your CC co. checking up on you with a new hard pull or is it just the inquiry (original showed up late)

GECRB Old Navy and Toys R Us. I have neither. So it's the original inquiry. I applied for both around 11/11/12. Toys R Us showed up a few days ago and Old Navy showed up today.

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 4 of 10
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This may just be that CK has a delay in sending you alerts.

I use USAA credit monitoring and it shows my inquiry alerts a few days later but then when I click on the inquiry it gives me thae actual inquiry date from when my credit was pulled.

This may be normal, just my experience

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I hope it was just a delay. My experience with Credit Karma is that the inquiries would show up the next day with the update. And the thing with the Toys R Us inquiry, I got the denial email 2 days after the pull. That card was one of the first cards I applied for. Another thing that I'm afraid of is that I heard Barclay is weird about inquiries after opening an account. I don't want them to close my account for those inquiries. I love my Baltimore Ravens card!

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, CK has been unreliable.

Message 6 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Thats not such a big deal I was under the impression you were taking hard inquiries in addition to the originals.  Maybe it was due to the holiday. 

Message 7 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Or maybe it was due to the fact of hurricane sandy, dont know where you live but it could have just been delayed in processing. Anyway its o.k.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I'm with the rest, I think it's just CK.  When I apped for WalMart, also TU/GECRB, CK took a few days to send me my INQ notification

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 10
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

So I just found out that apparently, I have an Old Navy account. Checked my Experian report today, and Old Navy is reporting. Lol! Yay!

I just didn't want anymore inquiries or new accounts since I overdid it last month. Now I feel like I have to start my gardening date over again. Woman Sad

Thank you all for the input.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.