Regular Contributor
Sassy_Taurus

I'm playing the waiting game

I really feel like I've made progress since I started my journey. I have six months to play the waiting game to see where my fico will land. Six more on time payment to my defaulted student loan than after that ALL derog information will be removed. That alone should give my score a nice boost. I have a paid judgment that's scheduled to fall off Dec. Currently awaiting CRA to remove 3 collection accounts that the CO agreed to have removed. The only thing left to work on would be 3 collection accounts totaling $1,138 and another account that has a high balance of $2600 but shows a $0 balance (account closed and/or transferred).

Anyone have GW luck with Midland, and Marauder?

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: I'm playing the waiting game

Confused...

In six months, all derogs will be gone, and yet three collections remain?

Regarding the "high balance" account, if it is closed with a balance, is it delinquent?  The reporting of $0 by the OC, if sold, merely means they no longer own the debt, not that there is $0 on the debt.  A debt collector may soon report.

Can you clarify a bit?

Regular Contributor
Sassy_Taurus

Re: I'm playing the waiting game

RobertEG wrote:

Confused...

In six months, all derogs will be gone, and yet three collections remain?

Regarding the "high balance" account, if it is closed with a balance, is it delinquent?  The reporting of $0 by the OC, if sold, merely means they no longer own the debt, not that there is $0 on the debt.  A debt collector may soon report.

Can you clarify a bit?

My student loan will come out of rehab in 6 months wiping away all the derogs from that TL. The high balance account is being reported by the OC. The DOFD was 2006. So far whom ever they sold it to has not reported on it. I do plan on calling them to see who owns it now so that I can pay before they do decide to report.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+