Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

I'm playing the waiting game

I really feel like I've made progress since I started my journey. I have six months to play the waiting game to see where my fico will land. Six more on time payment to my defaulted student loan than after that ALL derog information will be removed. That alone should give my score a nice boost. I have a paid judgment that's scheduled to fall off Dec. Currently awaiting CRA to remove 3 collection accounts that the CO agreed to have removed. The only thing left to work on would be 3 collection accounts totaling $1,138 and another account that has a high balance of $2600 but shows a $0 balance (account closed and/or transferred).

Anyone have GW luck with Midland, and Marauder?

Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: I'm playing the waiting game

Confused...

In six months, all derogs will be gone, and yet three collections remain?

Regarding the "high balance" account, if it is closed with a balance, is it delinquent?  The reporting of $0 by the OC, if sold, merely means they no longer own the debt, not that there is $0 on the debt.  A debt collector may soon report.

Can you clarify a bit?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm playing the waiting game

RobertEG wrote:

Confused...

In six months, all derogs will be gone, and yet three collections remain?

Regarding the "high balance" account, if it is closed with a balance, is it delinquent?  The reporting of $0 by the OC, if sold, merely means they no longer own the debt, not that there is $0 on the debt.  A debt collector may soon report.

Can you clarify a bit?

My student loan will come out of rehab in 6 months wiping away all the derogs from that TL. The high balance account is being reported by the OC. The DOFD was 2006. So far whom ever they sold it to has not reported on it. I do plan on calling them to see who owns it now so that I can pay before they do decide to report.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.