cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm ready to offer a PFD on a Citi CO, can anyone assist me?

tag
Graceplease
Established Member

I'm ready to offer a PFD on a Citi CO, can anyone assist me?

All,

This will be my first attempt at a PFD. I want to be sure that I do it correctly. I wrote Citibank a GW letter 6+ months ago but was denied because they settled with me a while back by CO of around 7K.

I can't afford to come up with 7K, but would like to offer something like 4K if they will delete the line of of my CR.

I've seen thing about certified mail, but can't find much on PFD specifically.

Also, has there been much luck with offering a portion rather than the full amount?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I'm ready to offer a PFD on a Citi CO, can anyone assist me?

I am not fully understanding what it is you are trying to do.  Is it the same account you tried to GW or something else?

Message 2 of 6
Graceplease
Established Member

Yes, it's the same account. My first attempt was to just ask them to remove it via a GW letter without offering payment. I now want to come back to them offering a portion of the amount due in exchange for deletion.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ok I get it now.  A GW for an unpaid debt usually don't work.

Yes, you can offer them a settlement for deletion.  Is the OC the only one reporting?

Message 4 of 6
Graceplease
Established Member

Thanks! I guess my next question is, how do I make sure to do it correctly such that I'm guaranteed it will be deleted from all 3 reports upon payment? I've seen stuff about certified mail, getting it in writing, etc....just want to make sure that I do it correctly.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You don't send a PFD CMRRR.  A PFD is a type of GW letter and CMRRR will make it look like you are forcing the issue.

There is no guarantee it will be deleted, especially with an OC.  They tend not to be so PFD friendly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.