Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm really trying...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm really trying...

Okay, I got my reports and have a couple of questions....

I really only have my own student loans outstanding.... when I went back to school i paid off everything i could knowing that i wouldn't have the funds to keep up with cc etc. at the time i thought it was a good idea, now maybe not so much... anyhow

On my CR i have my student loans, and more student loans

then i have 2 open revolving lines of credit

Acct #1 is cap1 which is seriously dlq, i was a user on my DH acct that was never paid, but the DOFD says this will expire 10/2010 -- will paying this off give me anything other than a warm and fuzzy feeling?

Acct #2 is a store card that i thought was paid and closed -- am wondering if i shouldn't call and see if i can use this -- don't really want to, am proud of being (mostly) debt free, but would like to have a better score/credit availability to go with my new job (like the shoes that match my bag).....

THEN under closed accts is my old utility bill.... it's DOFD is 2004, so it will expire in 2011 -- again, will paying it generate more than warm and fuzzy????

I'll have to wait for DHs report to work on the medical accts....

Thanks again for all the individualized help you have provided.... Maybe I'll learn enough to help others one day!!!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm really trying...

Acct #1 is cap1 which is seriously dlq, i was a user on my DH acct that was never paid, but the DOFD says this will expire 10/2010 -- will paying this off give me anything other than a warm and fuzzy feeling?

If you were an AU  and this was not a joint account.   File a dispute with all CRAs reporting as *NOT MINE*  or belongs to a family member.  It should delete

Acct #2 is a store card that i thought was paid and closed -- am wondering if i shouldn't call and see if i can use this -- don't really want to, am proud of being (mostly) debt free, but would like to have a better score/credit availability to go with my new job (like the shoes that match my bag).....

Once closed they will not reopen!   You will need to apply for a new CC  and they will do a hard pull (inc)

If the account was closed in good standing it will continue to report for 10 years from date closed.

The CR should tell you if this account is still open. If closed it will state closed/paid as agreed

THEN under closed accts is my old utility bill.... it's DOFD is 2004, so it will expire in 2011 -- again, will paying it generate more than warm and fuzzy????

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20040116b2.asp?caret=8

Who is reporting this the OC or CA?   What is your SOL? Utility bills go by an open account except phone.

There are some utility companies that will delete when PIF.  you can call and ask them if they will.  Or you can do so in writting.    If they accept a PFD  you must get their OK in writting!!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-17-2008 11:16 PM
Message Edited by HappyDays on 11-17-2008 11:18 PM
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.