cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm rebuilding I think but not sure. Short questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rebuilding I think but not sure. Short questions.

I recently have pulled all my scores and MyFICO reports 600 EQ, TU 649, and EX 634. EQ hasn't updated since 11/08 but their actual site says I have 654. I have a QS with 5,700 CL that's perfect, student loan perfect and two AU that are perfect from Sams and Best Buy. I have 10, 5, 4 inquiries and about 3 or 2 charge offs on each one with 1 or 2 collections. They are all really old as in 2009 last activity. Besides the new cap one. Does is it look like I'm moving in the right direction? Beginning of this year (1/16) my scores were 569 EQ, 589 TU, 594 EX. Nothing has really changed besides charging and paying high balances. I've been declined twice for a Barclay Rewards and Regions which I don't know why I tried so I haven't done anytjing else. I'm basically just waiting for the COs and collections to fall off since without them I still have 12 years history and AAoA 6 years. Any suggestions or tips from what I'm doing? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm rebuilding I think but not sure. Short questions.

You are doing fine you might consider opening some credit card accounts to give yourself three cards of your own (not sure how many you have now) allow only one to report a ballance of 10% or less with the others reporting zero.  Check your credit reports either through anualcreditreport.com or purchase paper copies from the credit bureaus find out the date of first delinquency of each account once you get withing three months of the seven year mark request an early exclusion from the bureaus.  Good luck with your rebuilding.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for a second Cap One card. Barclays is probably spooked by the old charge offs if they were credit card accounts. Also they like to see at least 2 years of payment history.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not going to see much of a change if those collections are updating monthly, and because of that you won't be able to get any better than sub par credit lines.  IMO that's where your focus should be.

Message 4 of 5
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Go after those baddies aggresively. That's where you are going to see real change.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.