Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so freaking tired of the credit bureaus

tag
Kohler
Established Member

I'm so freaking tired of the credit bureaus

Sorry to be pessimistic, but seriously. I file disputes, wait 30 days eagerly awaiting to see my credit report FINALLY have the right information. But no, they all consisently don't listen and screw up my credit report information even more. My biggest issues are closed student loans reporting that they are open. They'll never close them. It may not matter in regards to my credit score, but it matters to me. I'm seriously sick of them. Experian won't let me dispute again online. Equifax kicked me out of the online dispute center because they couldn't verify my info (I called and they tried to make me buy some type of program...). They all seriously don't listen to my disputes and just mark something crazy and say it's "updated". Sooo sick of it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm so freaking tired of the credit bureaus

I understand the frustration!

Have you tried contacted the OC of the student loans?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

I understand the frustration!

Have you tried contacted the OC of the student loans?

+1

Or you could call the CRAs directly. I have heard many success stories on this forum about people calling and having issues fixed right then and there. Just search the forum for threads of people calling CRAs. 

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Use Section 623 dispute directly with the OC.

Message 4 of 11
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I would file a direct dispute with the OC.  

I share your frustration with the credit bureaus and the credit industry. Tired of them trying to sell me products. And, these are products so that I can learn information that is being reported about ME which affects every aspect of my life? Consumers should have unlimited, free access to their own reports and scores. Period. (Sorry, you got me venting)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 5 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@lavencedora wrote:

Yes. I would file a direct dispute with the OC.  

I share your frustration with the credit bureaus and the credit industry. Tired of them trying to sell me products ... so I can learn information that is being reported about ME which affects every aspect of my life? I should have unlimited, free access. Period. (Sorry, you got me venting)

I agree 100%

There is no reason that we should not have full, free access to a report being generated on our financial lives. The worst part though is that people are buying FAKO scores and thinking it is their one true score. 

People need to be educated, starting with High School students. 

Ok, off my soap box now...

Message 6 of 11
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

The worst part though is that people are buying FAKO scores and thinking it is their one true score. 

Yes, that is wrong, too. We should see ACCURATE info, same as what the lenders see.

People need to be educated, starting with High School students. 

AMEN!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 7 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I think EQ in general is the worst of the three. I have had issues trying to get my free annualcreditreport from them. They come up with reason like they can't verify my identity or stuff like that, but if i want to buy their product with money. They have no issues verifying my identity. 

I have found its best to try and call them , and try to ignore their sales pitch trying to sell their products to you. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Message 9 of 11
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I think EQ in general is the worst of the three. I have had issues trying to get my free annualcreditreport from them. They come up with reason like they can't verify my identity or stuff like that, but if i want to buy their product with money. They have no issues verifying my identity. 

I have found its best to try and call them , and try to ignore their sales pitch trying to sell their products to you. 

I am having that same problem. I had to send in copy of SS and drivers license and request by mail. It's been 3 weeks now and I am still waiting for them to send me my copy!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.