Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm too impatient..That's the title to my story

tag
qd
Regular Contributor

I'm too impatient..That's the title to my story

My credit nightmare began when I turned 18 and all these foolish companies gave me credit cards.  I've been terrible with my credit ever since.  Fast forward 20 years and only now am I getting a handle on things.  My scores last year were in the 500's.  I got two capital one cards and left it at that.  After paying on time every time for close to a year, my scores had jumped way up.  The cards helped I'm sure, but the score bump was most likely due to old collections dropping off.  I wouldn't know for sure because up until a few weeks ago I never bothered to even look at my credit reports. 

So now I want to buy a house in a year or so, and so my journey to clean up my credit began.  A little app spree gave me a few more cards that hopefully will have higher limits as I grow them and continue my PIF month after month. 

Two weeks ago I sent out a handful of GW letters and a couple of PFDs for some old collections still on my record.  No responses yet and my score hasn't budged in two weeks and I am too impatient to just sit and wait.  I look for changes to my reports every day, and each day I am disappointed.  It helps that I can read other people's successes here with GW and PFD letters.

So now I hide in the garden and let my AAoA recover and wait to see my score climb up as my letters reach someone who decides to be a little generous...but the waiting is killing me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm too impatient..That's the title to my story

Hey!  We're in a similar boat and have the same amount of patience. Smiley Happy  We want to buy a house ... like, yesterday.  Not in a year or two from now...  immediately.    There's a few things taken care of, but it could take up to 90 days for everything to report and be said and done, and I don't even want to wait until June/July.  I want it now.  I want the settlement I paid to show as paid, and I want it to show now.  I want the disputes to be done with now.  I want the really great CC account I was added as an AU to to show on my reports and affect my score and I want it now Smiley Happy

I feel like the Veruca Salt of credit report stalking.  I can pull my report today at 1:41 pm and I'll comb over it to see if there's a single difference from yesterday.

They need medication for people like us.  Smiley Wink  Wake me up when it's August, please.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.