Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm totally depressed!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm totally depressed!!!

Here are my scores as I just got them about 10 minutes ago: EX: 558 EQ: 596 TU: 601. I have two GW's I just sent out last week and other than that I have some other lates on my reports. The GW's are for medical bills from about 3 years ago from my now ex-wife. I need to get my EX above 600 to qualify for a loan to pay off a bunch of debt (incl IRS) from my stupid decision to marry but I don't know if it will happen. On the plus side I have an 18 yr credit history but the last 5 have been bad. Sometimes it seem insurmountable. I'm trying my best but it's amazing how one bad decision can follow you around for over a decade. Ugh!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm totally depressed!!!

ooH, my scores are close to yours too.  I have just sent out some GW letters on some lates.  I hope that will be enough for my scores to jump into the 600 club.

Another thing you might try is disputing recent inquries in your credit report.  I did and mine jumped up 12 points.  good luck!
Message 2 of 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Yes, it can drag you down.... but you can do it... go over that CRA with a fine tooth... look for stuff out of sol and out of seven years DV and get the obsolete stuff deleted.
DV old collections
GW old Lates/ paid collections ect..
Keep revolving down as much as possible you can see big score increase %50>40>30>20>10
Only dispute INQ if they aren't yours.. you can be labeled a frivolous disputer... you can send the permissionable purpose letter...

Baby steps.... Sorry to hear about your marriage. I try to keep my credit stuff as far away from my hubby as possible.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't let it get you down. At least you recognized the problem, and are taking steps to rectify. Send out GW letters to all. You never know what happens.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.