Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a big mistake

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I made a big mistake

Rough times caused me to have a 30 day late on my credit very recently and I'm spooked on what my other creditors will do about it. It happened on my AMEX account and after paying off a large chunk of the balance on the card they cut my CL in half without notice. I do have high credit usage but recently paid a few cards off to $0. I've never been late on any other accounts.

My score took a 50 point hit and I'm just devastated about it all.

Is it likely that other creditors will seek AA on me??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I made a big mistake

@LS2982 wrote:
Rough times caused me to have a 30 day late on my credit very recently and I'm spooked on what my other creditors will do about it. It happened on my AMEX account and after paying off a large chunk of the balance on the card they cut my CL in half without notice. I do have high credit usage but recently paid a few cards off to $0. I've never been late on any other accounts.

My score took a 50 point hit and I'm just devastated about it all.

Is it likely that other creditors will seek AA on me??

AMEX is quick to pull the trigger on CLDs if one is late, I would not worry about AA from anyone else as long as you are continuing to payoff the high util. What I would be doing is sending AMEX a GW letter explaining why it happened and ask for forgiveness. Good luck and Happy Holidays Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

No, typically ONE 30 day late won't cause AA from other lenders, but please be sure you don't have any more of them...because TWO 30 day lates WILL cause AA. 

Speaking of AA, I could use a drink....  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

No, typically ONE 30 day late won't cause AA from other lenders, but please be sure you don't have any more of them...because TWO 30 day lates WILL cause AA. 

Speaking of AA, I could use a drink....  Smiley Tongue

Aaahhh, raw humor to soften the tough advice. Smiley Frustrated

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 6
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Hey LS2982 !

First thing....WE MISS YOU !  Secondly, I think you'll be fine....mine survived a divorce with 1 or 2 lates including Amex.....you'll bounce back because they could have CLOSED you, but they know it's not typical for you to be late. If you see it possibly happening going forward, I would call to inform them (that's what I did) & they NEVER messed with me ever.

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 6
toi34
Established Contributor

oh...I'm sorry. I feel sick for you. I hope it all works out for the best.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.