Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I may have credit card OCD !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have credit card OCD !

Well not really, but I'm currently waiting impatiently for my second 6th month review for an increase with capital one. I've asked for 1 about 3 times in the past 4 months. I get the same message, sorry not available at this time.I am 21 months post Chapter 7 and my credit scores are poor, 598 TU, 598 EQ, 613 EX. What can I do to stop worrying about getting approved or applying at another bank? I've spent about 4K between April and September. No late payments. Credit Limit: $800.....
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I may have credit card OCD !

There's a great thread here about how to build credit to 700 after bankruptcy, but I cannot remember the title to save my life. It has amazing info in there for how to do it right. Maybe someone can chime in with a link.

Message 2 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Are the scores listed in your signature FICO or FAKO?  Where do you obtain your scores from?  Seeing that you have had this card for 8 months, I would suggest you apply for Barclay's.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's FAKO? I got my scores from each credit bureau. Barclays would approve me with such low scores?
Message 4 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

FAKO is a fake FICO, basically. It's actually a non-Fico score. And if I'm not mistaken, the CRA's provide FAKOs. Get your scores from Creditchecktotal for $1 (7 day trial) or here
Message 5 of 7
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Don't go by the scores on CK they are FAKO's, it is a great site to go for reporting on credit report only.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok. thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.