cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I mean seriously! How do you deal with these vultures??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean seriously! How do you deal with these vultures??

Repeated attempts to DV and dispute have garnered me no traction in my dealings with the collection agency, Robinson Reagan & Young. I decided to turn to the BBB in an attempt to amicably resolve this situation. Here's my initial complaint:

Robinson Reagan & Young is currently reporting collections activity on my credit report listing Comcast as the original creditor. I have never received any correspondence from Robinson Reagan & Young concerning this debt, never received a dunning letter and they continually report negative activity to my credit report even after repeated attempts to contact them to validate the debt and even though I've disputed the collection activity with Experian, Equifax and Transunion.

On 1/29/2009, I sent a letter to Robinson Reagan & Young stating that I would be willing to settle the debt for $100 if they agreed to delete it from my credit report just to clear the issue up and have it off my books. They did not respond to my settlement request.

On 03/04/2009, I sent them a debt validation letter stating that I had never heard from them regarding this debt and require debt validation per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b). I have not heard from them.

They are in clear violation of the law and I demand that these negative listing be removed from my credit reports as they inaccurately portray my credit worthiness and border on slander when my credit report is pulled for authorized and authentic reasons.

I just find it real hard to believe that Robinson Reagan & Young is so willing to respond to Credit Reporting Agencies when I submit a formal dispute but they are totally unwilling to respond when a consumer tries to amicably resolve a debt.

I just love the high road they took in their response to the BBB:

Mr. Mays's account was placed with our firm for collection on 4-11-06. A letter was mailed to him on that date. A second letter was mailed to him on 9-26-06. On 2-10-09 we received a letter from Mr. Mays offering to settle his account for $100.00 and asking us to remove the account from his credit report. Unfortunately our client would not agree since Mr Mays is still in possession of a $120.00 analog cable box and has failed or refused to return it. If Mr. Mays would like to resolve this matter he may contact me directly, and I will be glad to assist him. We regret that he felt the need to involve your office. Thank you for the opportunity to respond to his complaint.

Here's my communication back to the BBB:

I can't begin to explain how abhorrent this response from Robinson, Reagan & Young is. I think it's obvious why I involved the BBB since Robinson Reagan & Young failed to respond to any and all attempts I made to amicably resolve this alleged debt. Furthermore, the statements made in Robinson Reagan & Young's response are all patently untrue.

To start, I never received any correspondence from Robinson Reagan & Young concerning this account. Not once and not twice.

Second, Robinson Reagan & Young did NOT contact Comcast to offer my settlement and Comcast did not at that point inform Robinson Reagan & Young that I had failed or refused to return an analog cable box. I personally contacted Comcast to ask why Robinson Reagan & Young would be showing such failed activity on my part, and in fact, Comcast shows that I returned the cable box in 2006! So why Robinson Reagan & Young would say that their client “did not agree” to such a settlement is beyond my comprehension.

I have never done business with Robinson Reagan & Young and will forever refuse to do business with Robinson Reagan & Young as their collection practices are completely unacceptable. If Robinson Reagan & Young won't tell the truth to the BBB, how should I expect them to honor their word in my dealings with them?

I thank the BBB for their upstanding service to consumers and to the public. However, I don’t think there will be any hopes of mediation between me and Robinson Reagan & Young as they provide completely false information at every corner. It is my hope that Robinson Reagan & Young will take their hand out of my credit report and cease this constant defamation of my character and credit worthiness.

Seriously, what do I do from here?? These ### holes just flat-out LIE! How can I gain some traction with these jokers??

Message Edited by Mays on 04-22-2009 08:07 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I mean seriously! How do you deal with these vultures??

File a complaint against the OC with the BBB and provide them with the CA's reply. Tell them since the CA is "working" as in collecting for them, what the CA does reflects upon the OC and how negatively this CA is reflecting upon the OC.

Then file complaints with your AG and the CA's AG.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I mean seriously! How do you deal with these vultures??

Great advise as always! Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.