Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messed up...please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messed up...please help!

After lurking for a few weeks, I decided to join today because I made a boo boo so to speak. After following my CK scores for a couple of months. I decided to get my true FICO08 scores. Here are the results Eq: 687 Ex: 658 Tu: 582.  I have a credit card via my local credit union for $1000 (owe $677 will be at 29% util in a couple of days).My prob is the cu reports to Equifax only! I got a Cap1 plat mc for $300 I used $299 & paid $275 in a few pymts before my due date. I've only had the card 30 days and was able tp pc to QS/no annual fee. I will receive the card in the mail by Mon. I also have an auto loan with cu balance $2300. Also I had to take out a parent plus loan for my daighter for $15K. First pymt is 6/2020. I plan to st@rt making pymts now.

Here's where I messed up! I got excited about my 687 EQ score and applied for the Discover IT card. I was denied bc I had 13 medical collections on my report. I have 2 insurances. One pays 80% & the second kicks in when I have accrued a certain amt in bills. Ex veried all had been paid & removed every bill a few months ago. I forgot I never heard back from Ex & Tu. I got excited and applied for Discover IT on a whim. Im upset bc I have 7 inq on Ex (3 will fall off in June). Tu=6 (2 will fall of in June)and Ex=1. I plan to req a cli from Cap1at the end of May after my 2nd billing cycle. 

1. How should I handle medical bills for Eq & Tu?

2. I need more credit bc the cu is hurting me by only reporting to Eq.

The cards I really want are WalMart, Cap1 Spark, Chase Freedom & Amex Everyday. I know I wont qualify right now until I garden for a couple of months: pay down cu card, req cli for QS.

Am I on the right track? I would like to apply for a mortgage this winter. Any advice you offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to taking the time to assist me.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I messed up...please help!

@Anonymous wrote:

After lurking for a few weeks, I decided to join today because I made a boo boo so to speak. After following my CK scores for a couple of months. I decided to get my true FICO08 scores. Here are the results Eq: 687 Ex: 658 Tu: 582.  I have a credit card via my local credit union for $1000 (owe $677 will be at 29% util in a couple of days).My prob is the cu reports to Equifax only! I got a Cap1 plat mc for $300 I used $299 & paid $275 in a few pymts before my due date. I've only had the card 30 days and was able tp pc to QS/no annual fee. I will receive the card in the mail by Mon. I also have an auto loan with cu balance $2300. Also I had to take out a parent plus loan for my daighter for $15K. First pymt is 6/2020. I plan to st@rt making pymts now.

Here's where I messed up! I got excited about my 687 EQ score and applied for the Discover IT card. I was denied bc I had 13 medical collections on my report. I have 2 insurances. One pays 80% & the second kicks in when I have accrued a certain amt in bills. Ex veried all had been paid & removed every bill a few months ago. I forgot I never heard back from Ex & Tu. I got excited and applied for Discover IT on a whim. Im upset bc I have 7 inq on Ex (3 will fall off in June). Tu=6 (2 will fall of in June)and Ex=1. I plan to req a cli from Cap1at the end of May after my 2nd billing cycle. 

1. How should I handle medical bills for Eq & Tu? As far as the medical collections go, Google 'whychat HIPAA process'.

2. I need more credit bc the cu is hurting me by only reporting to Eq. Capital One is usally good at approving people even with average or below average credit.

The cards I really want are WalMart, Cap1 Spark, Chase Freedom & Amex Everyday. I know I wont qualify right now until I garden for a couple of months: pay down cu card, req cli for QS.

Am I on the right track? I would like to apply for a mortgage this winter. Any advice you offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to taking the time to assist me.

If you plan on applying for a mortgage soon, I'd either apply for your new cards ASAP or hold off altogether. You probably don't wanna open up a bunch of cards right before applying for a mortgage.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1. How should I handle medical bills for Eq & Tu?

2. I need more credit bc the cu is hurting me by only reporting to Eq.

Apply for a second Cap One card.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply for a second Cap One card.

+1

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.