cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Immediate response from a debt caller!

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

I need Immediate response from a debt caller!

Ok .  im writing while  have a debt collection (I have Not Debt )asking if who i am . i said yes speaking, then sghe asked me my last 4 digits of my SS. i told her im going to give you or anyone that wouldnt notr identify who they are, i barly could understand the name simon and something, but when i told her im going to give my # and tried to get a name or # sghe got rude i got upset and told her your calling my cell phone i keep getting these call, and then she hung up on me, i called the # back a man answered and asked if i was whom i am. i asked what company are you and what was the reason i am whom i am,again rude and told me i dont have time for this,and hung up,i called back and asked i am that person but not giving my Social over the phone,before i can complete why they put me on hold . how can i handle these people.i was a victom of identity thief, i am getting these calls,i want to " Not give any of my information to anyone . that will not say whom they are. my concerns, if they have my info, and everytime,they call or i call them,I cannot beleive how cannot give me any details just by i acknowledged whom i am. what are my rights, how would i file a compliant against, these people,can i record there conversation . i am in the state where its is legal.. 

can someone give me advise or hacve a firmilar situation .. before 

greatly appreciated in advance 

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need Immediate response from a debt caller!

If they are asking for the last four of a SS# for verification of a persons identity, then obviously they "have" four digits to verify against. I would simply tell the caller that with ID theft so rampant these days, you are not going to give out ANY PORTION of your SS# to an unverifiable caller on the phone, but that you will be happy to VERIFY if the number that THEY HAVE is yours or not. If they are not willing to do that then do not talk to them, tell them to contact you by mail.

Yes, by all means RECORD THE CALLS.

Message 2 of 4
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks You everyone revised post Debt Collectors on leash !!

Removed by Orginal post

just wanted say thanks for Validating my actions, how to handle,the next time if sitution happens  With these unscruppless desperate cool caller Bottom Barral Debt working from there home( not judging a home businesss Haha )  with a spread sheet and your name written in pencil next to a number, almost  asking only your name and whats the last  4 digiits of your SS , Sure 555-55-5555 now can i ask what  how are you ? and yo u have my info ?do i win a cruise ! but if you tell them sorry i refuse to give my SS or info over a phone ,and why are you gettihg rude to me ?? one would ask ,? Today I had to attack back !

11 months ago.I  did not know  better, dealing with was a collection and a charge off on my credit report,I never had a account with,, when i contacted  that  collection agency  because there  nothing much info on my report  they kept updating when i file an on line dispute with the CRA  another story to long to mention !just kept updating but inforation kept when i disputed with CRA,  2 days comfirmed moine How ?  which the orginal CA was also reporting (bye Debt collector passing the info i  was disputing, they mneverr had my address or date of birth but  they tried to own that dept regardless ,but was told to This Collection agency,but they did  not report report , differnt  account #   the amount  form the orginal, but everytime i disputed they update "YEAH, I contacted the Collection agency,(first rule avoid contacting Via Phone) learning the hard  and costly way...  racing out of the stable without a harness,lecture, lecture,, thanks peers Smiley Wink

,I am very calm nice person i thought that was ok from there smiling people websights ,  they will correct it and found a mistake  why my  only calling to inquire about this collection i never hard of ,a lady answered and asked me my Name. SS, and address,and i asked her to please send me info and mail it to me address, she asked my address and replied we dont haave that address its a different address  on file, No blunt but i should have a martini  or someone would thought by how i was filing out my own score card and sticking it to myself !! 

24 hours my credit was update,the address i gave them, they also updated the orginal creditors, found out this collection agency hides under the forumula,replaced in the commit section Consumers disagress with balance and disputes which allows  a backdoor into your credit report to change details,.i busted them,!!! filed a complaint,with BBB CRA, sent all my document FTC,they removed and caused a major, problem with the orginal creditor,I am posting my story,when the very first time i found MYFICO FORUM, I have learned and advise here,you people are great and love to read most post the learn not to repeat, I didnt know anything,I thought I ws hopeless,

that was 11 months ago, my fico score was 540 accross the board at my age,deep depression,My credit was ruin from indentity theft,never knew it for ALMOST TWO YRS 

i never took the time to lok at my credit, had a sucessful business, 33 yrs,but  ten yrs,i vanished,

After that call with this debt collector,that turned my life around,i wasnt going to lay down  anymore,everyday i could not wait to read others post. I wasnt alone, and no one seemed to judge,, rthe amazing help and knowledge in this forum . changed my life,, honeslty.One can get caught up in the Credit app.addiction,like shopping cart trick, i m still trying to understand that, LOL. my only good credit i needed to salvage was the one an only CAP. ! $300 CL over 4 yrs,wow lived off my Debit check cards. anyway  Fast forward,, 

Today  my 10  year Anniversary without my wife  for 33 yrs  My  rock and Today, I made someone very happy,Myself !!  she would say roll up my socks and keep fighting,and I cannot express, the knowledge the patiences,support , and i hope i can contribrite back  starting here, 

hoping  opening  up  by sharing where i was,and no matter how bad anyone life became do to human mistakes, during the time ive seen alot of honest questions and answers

moderators are amazing doing there best to get everone some support , thanks 

my score last month  shot up to 806, TU,EQ 747/ EX 787 CLI over 100k 

Score took a Hit , TU/747 4inq EX 737 5 inq EQ 723 11 inq

Ill be on the fence for a while, check in to report  and just lurke and learn . 

Thanks everyone amazing Forum !!

,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 4
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re revised To Thank you eveyone in this forum

thank you everyone for your support and amazing post. 

i learned so much that changed my life. and alive again 

Thank you !!! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.