cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a couple TL's where should I try?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I need a couple TL's where should I try?

You can try.  Without a score you may be unable to.  I know there is at least one that does not do a credit check.  Open Sky.  I have read mixed reviews.

Message 11 of 15
JamesH78

Is there anything else I should be doing while playing the waiting game for 6 months?

Message 12 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As far as for the Cap 1 card, do not let it report a 0 balance.  Let it report at 9% or below then pay it off before the due date to avoid interest.

Message 13 of 15
JamesH78

Ok I figured I should post a update.

So I delt with equifax first  I had 3 things showing one paid and two unpaid.  I apparently am unpleasant enough to make people not want to have to deal with me again..

Outcome........All 3 deleted.

Then transunion I had one unpaid medical with a collections company known to be hard to deal with.  Once again they obviously didn't want to talk to me ever again.

Outcome........Deleted.

Experian  Has nothing negative.

So now as it stands I have no negative marks on any of the 3. 

My next step was to acquire a unsecured card.   I ended up getting a VS card so my wife can buy a bra I guess.   Anyways it's a TL.  So now I have to hunt down one more trade line and I should be good to roll for 6 months.

Any thoughts?

Message 14 of 15
choppa02
Contributor

Get a walmart or a merrick bank card and take advantage of the free monthly fico score.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.