Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a credit card!!!!!!!

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

I need a credit card!!!!!!!

HI,

I currently have a score of 603- Credit karma. I have 0 collections 0 credit cards. What is absolutely KILLING my score is.. 17 late payments through my current ally auto lease and a handful of lates through DTE energy. Smiley Sad I know, terrible! I have since caught up both bills and for the last 3 months have been making on time payments and desperately searching for goodwill contacts.. However I know i need to get a credit card to really help my score. Unfortunately because of these late payments it is impossible for me to get any card ive been denied the capitol one secured, credit one secured, etc. I also had a collection with Chase that is no longer on my report but is still bad through chexsystems so I could not even get the sdfcu secured card Smiley Sad Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? I know to really help my score im going to need a credit card and maintain good payment history on it.

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need a credit card!!!!!!!

The general rule of thumb is to repair and then rebuild.  Getting a revolving account is really part of your rebuilding process.  IMHO the best thing you can do now is GW the heck out of those lates, take care of any other baddies you have, and join a good CU.  Once you have repaired as much as possible and raised your scores you will be in a better position to apply for credit.

You can check out www.whogavemecredit.com to see who has been approved for CC's with similar scores.

Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I go with OpenSky CC with a $250 limit. No credit check, i have used it for a year, should be good. They report to all three bureaus.

Make online payments on time and know the day it reports; EQ is 3 days earlier than TU/EX from your statement closing date.

Maintain low balance.

Next best card is Merrick Bank with a $250 limit.

goodluck

Message 3 of 4
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Credit one bank premier bank
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.