Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a game plan! Refund Approved

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

I need a game plan! Refund Approved

Trying to clear up my credit report. I am getting a nice tax refund that was approved and should be in my bank account midweek next week. Now I need to come up with a good game plan. I'll have around $5,000 to work with. Here are my accounts. I'd  like thoughts/opinions on a good game plan.

CAP1 - charged off CC  $3500, fall off date 11/2015

BoA - charged off CC $3500, fall off date 10/2015

Rent Recovery - joint collection account $2808, fall off date 1/2016

2 Medical Accounts in collections (only on 1 report) $1400

Do you think Cap1 or BoA would settle for less in exchange for early removal from credit reports? I refuse to pay too much of the Rent Recovery, it was a joint account with an abusive ex who made me up and move in the middle of the night. I'm thinking to offer $400 or 500 in exchange for deletion? Should I even worry about the medical since they're only on 1 report?

Thanks in advance! Trying to get my game plan in order to start!

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need a game plan! Refund Approved

With how soon these two fall off I would wait it out but since you want it now I think they would be wise to accept anything they can get. I vote PFD for a percentage offer... Are they with a CA or the OC?

If you feel that strongly about not paying this debt, you are less than 1 year from it going bye bye

I would go for PFD or read up on the hippa deal that no one can talk about here. Whychat or something

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO NOT JUST PAY ANYTHING WITHOUT A PFD! With as old as all your junk is if anything was paid and updated as paid $0 bal. it would hurt you alot I think

Message 2 of 3
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Re: I need a game plan! Refund Approved

@Anonymous wrote:

With how soon these two fall off I would wait it out but since you want it now I think they would be wise to accept anything they can get. I vote PFD for a percentage offer... Are they with a CA or the OC?

If you feel that strongly about not paying this debt, you are less than 1 year from it going bye bye

I would go for PFD or read up on the hippa deal that no one can talk about here. Whychat or something

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO NOT JUST PAY ANYTHING WITHOUT A PFD! With as old as all your junk is if anything was paid and updated as paid $0 bal. it would hurt you alot I think

Thanks! The Medical I'll likely just PFD, medical collections tend to be agreeable to that from my last round of credit straightening. These are my worst and last baddies and I want to move this summer so really need better credit for renting. :-)

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.