01-15-2012 01:35 PM
I have started a business and I am now feeling the effects of my bad credit in previous years. All of my business credit is faling back on my personal credit and I even have a Limited Liability Company. I just joined the Equifax credit monitoring which I pay like $16.95/month for the Equifax Complete Advantage Plan where I can obtain an updated fico score from all three bureaus and print and/or pull my reports at any time. My scores are Equifax-500, TransUnion-562, Experian-510. I feel so ashamed having to post these low scores but I want to improve these scores and possibly get around a 750 for all three. Can anyone here help with experience? I can give you my email address and scan my reports for you to view (with all important numbers blacked out of course). I just opened a captial one secured card and a fingerhut second chance account. I have also appled for a Wells Fargo secured card. Where do I start next?
01-15-2012 01:41 PM
I'd suggest posting up a list of your accounts, their amounts owed, dates of first delinquency, and current status on those accounts.
From there, people can see what creditors and collections agencies you are dealing with, and be much better able to give you a good course of action. There is a VERY knowledgeable member base here, and you will definitely get sound advice.
01-15-2012 01:48 PM
01-15-2012 01:53 PM - edited 01-15-2012 01:54 PM
It really doesn't matter which report its on, in my opinion. I'd just post it up in a fashion such as this:
Cap1 - $1500 owed - DOFD 4/08 - charged off.
Merrick - $725 owed - DOFD 9/11 - 60 day late/current
and so on...
01-15-2012 05:16 PM
BTW - those scores you are getting are not FICO scores so there is no way for you to really guage where you are until you get your real FICO scores. You can get your EQ score here - You can also get your TU FICO here, but it is an older model and most lenders don't use it anymore, but still better than a totally fake score.
The service you have is still good bc you can pull your reports as often as you need for the data.
01-15-2012 05:50 PM - edited 01-15-2012 05:53 PM
To whomever helps me I lost my job of 10 years and I am struggling to get back on my feet, I just started a new job in december to make ends meet until my business gets off the ground but I am fighting a hard battle. Please note I was behind on my mortgage and I am in the process of reaffirming my mortgage. They are going to refinance my home, Regions told me after I made the three good faith payments of 874.25 they will proceed with the process in march. I dont know if that will erase the current mortgage issues and start new or what. At least i keep my home and thats the most important thing.
1. Ch13 Bankruptcy Dismissed, Filed 07/01/2011, Dismissed 10/11/2011, Removal Date 06/2018
2. Ch13 Bankruptcy Dismissed, Filed 02/02/2006, Dismissed 06/30/2011, Removal Date 01/2013
1. CARAMEL FINANCIAL, Bal=$0, Date Updated 12/01/2011, High Balance $3523, Last Payment 06/02/2005, Pay Status=Account included in CH13, Revolving Account, Terms=Minimum $49, Date Opened=04/13/2005, Date Closed=08/01/2011, Removal Date=04/2012
2. CARAMEL FINANCIAL, Bal=$2218, Date Updated 02/28/2006, High Balance $2400, Past Due=$314, Last Payment 06/02/2005, Pay Status=Charged Off, Installment Account, Terms= $49 monthly for 48 months, Date Opened=04/13/2005, Date Closed=12/31/2005, Removal Date=04/2012
3. CONS REC SYS, Bal=$75, Date Updated=09/05/2011, Original Amount=$75, Past Due=$75, Last Payment=04/27/2007, Pay Status=In collection, Account Type=Open Account, Removal Date=06/2014
4. FIRST PREMIER BANK, Bal=$0, Date Updated=08/21/2011, High Bal=$397, Credit Limit=$300, Pay Status=Included in ch13, Account type=Revolving, Date Opened=12/08/2009, Date Closed= 03/30/2010, Removal Date=12/2016
5. FIRST PREMIER BANK, Bal=$0, Date Updated=04/11/2008, High Balance=$458, Credit Limit=$300, Last Payment=01/29/2008, Pay Status=Account paid in full, was a charge off, Account Type=revolving, Date Opened=04/12/2007, Date Closed=05/16/2007, Date Paid=01/29/2008, Removal Date=05/2014
6. FROST ARNETT COLLECTION, Bal=$292, Date Updated=12/08/2011, Original Amount=$292, Past Due=$292, Pay Status=In Collection, Account Type=Open account, Removal Date=12/2012
7. HSBC AUTO FINANCE, Bal=$0, Date Updated=10/10/2005, High Bal=$21087, Last Pay=11/29/2005, Pay Status=Charged off, Account Type=Installment, Terms=$525/mth for 72mths, Date Opened=08/30/2002, Date Closed=10/810/2005, Removal Date= 09/2012
8. HSBC BANK, Bal=$0, Date Updated=01/31/2006, High Bal=$708, Credit Limit=$0, Last Payment=12/02/2005, Pay Status=Charged Off, Account Type= Revolving, Date Opened=03/05/2003, Date Closed=08/17/2005, Date Paid=12/02/2005, Removal Date=02/2012
9. PLAINS COMMERCE BANK, Bal=$315, Date Updated=01/06/2009, High Bal=$334, Credit Limit=$250, Past Due=$315, Last Payment=07/10/2008, Pay Status=Charged off, Account type=revolving, Date opened=05/05/2008, Date Closed=09/08/2008, Removal Date=08/2015
10. SANTANDER CONSUMER USA, Bal=$0, Date Upda/ted=11/30/2011, High Bal=$24473, Last payment=03/22/2011, Pay Status=included in ch13, Account Type=installment, Terms=$2354 monthly for 72 mths, Date opened=11/28/2004, Date Closed=11/30/2011, Removal Date 11/2017
11. UNITED CONSUMER FIN SVC, Bal=$0, Date updated=10/20/2005, High Bal=$1433, Pay Status= 60days past due, Account Type=installment, Terms=$39mthly for 36mths, Date Opened=06/13/2005, Date Closed=10/20/2005, Removal Date=08/2012
12. UP/REGIONS, Bal=$0, Date Updated=11/07/2011, High Bal=$118247, Last Payment=03/15/2011, Pay Status=Included in ch13, Account type=mortgage, Terms=$1011mthly for 360mths, Date opened=06/14/2004, Removal date=07/2012
1. CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP, Bal=0, Date uupdated=10/01/2002, High Bal=$10949, Last Pay=09/01/2002, Pay Status= Current paid as agreed, Account type=installment, Terms=$304mthly for 36mths, Date Opened= 08/01/2000
2. DIRECT LOAN SVC SYSTEM, Bal=$0, Date Updated=09/30/2011, High Bal=$34750, Last Pay=09/01/2002, Pay Status=unrated, Account Type Installment, Terms=$483for 120mths, Date Opened=06/15/2009, Date Closed=09/30/2011
Experian has included my Child Support which I know nothing can be done but pay up the child support and I am past due $3020 which I am sure they will recover that when I file my income taxes.
SCORES AS OF 01/15/2012 ARE EQUIFAX=500 TRANSUNION=562 EXPERIAN=510
01-16-2012 11:28 AM
Welcome to the forums!
I'd suggest reading the following:
Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.
What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.
and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.
Nothing to do but wait on the BKs.
1) Looks accurate. You can try a GW if you want it deleted sooner, but I'd wait. Sounds like they are going to delete early?
2) Was this included in the BK? If not, send a PFD.
3) Is this an OC? If so, send a PFD. If a CA, send a DV. IF they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.
4) Reporting OK, but you can try a GW asking for removal.
5) Send a GW.
6) Send a DV. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.
7) Send a GW.
8) Wait it out for one more month.
9) Send a PFD. If after one or two attempts they keep saying "no", then pay it off. That alone could result in a nice increase because this is still factored into CC util and is reporting over the limit.
10) You can try a GW.
11) How old is the 60-day? If older than 2-3 yrs, then I'd do nothing. Looks like it might be at least 6 yrs old.
12) Do nothing to Regions pending any negotiations you have with them.
FICO ignores Child Support.
Unless your scores are from a lender, they aren't FICO scores.
On the above, be careful about asking for deletions on OC accounts. Calculate your AAoA. If the accounts are older than your AAoA, then you might want to hold off asking for a deletion, even if bad like a paid CO. If younger, then certainly ask for a deletion. AAoA is the average age of all of your OC accounts, whether opened or closed, good or bad. To cheat, your FICO report might show an AAoA on pages 2 or 3 of your report.
01-16-2012 11:06 PM
Thank you and you are so helpful sir. It appears I will play the waiting game till the end of the year because a majority of my negative items are supposed to drop from my file. I am scared they are going to fudge the dates some kind of way and keep them on there. I only have one account that is a CA that is scheduled to remain for a few years and i am going to try to PFD because it is only $75. See I been reading like you told me to!!! My only issue is what to do with the remaining OC's that are scheduled to be around for a while because the tradeline has been sold to another OC. That sucks!!! I'm still reading and planning sir and thank you again!!!
01-17-2012 12:41 AM
In a quick review of the account data, I see a lot of information that does not seem to jive.
A few examples:
2.Caramel lists a date opened of 4/2005, date closed 12/2005, removal 4/2012, Charge-off
Huh? I assume that the item referred to as being removed in 4/2012 is the charge-off.
An account opened in 4/2005 could not even have a reported 30-late until billed in 4/2005, due in 5/2005, and 30 late for CR purposes then reported as 6/2005.
7 years from 6/2005 would not be until 6/2012, and that would only apply to the 30-late. Since the CO is apparently the item for which the removal date is provided, COs have a removal date of 7 years plus 180 days from DOFD, which would be, at the earliest, around 1/2013.
4. First Premier Opened 12/2009 Closed 3/2010 Removal date: 12/2016
That implies the item to be removed was a monthly delinquency that was reported as the same date as account opening. Not possible.
The dates provided throw into question, at least in my mind, what dates are being used in their "removal" projections.
I would thus start by listing each delinquency and derog, by its date of occurance and type, rather than by listing accounts. Add the statory exclusion date to each, and compare with what is reported.
I would not put much faith in the removal dates provided, and would do my own listing.
For each monthly delinquency: add 7 years to its date of delinquency
For each charge off and collection, you need the DOFD on the OC account, and then add 7 years plus 180 days to that single, date-certain DOFD.
Dates of delinquency cant be "updated," so you have no concerns about reaging any of the exclusion dates based on your actions. My concern would be with the accuracy of the dates being used.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.