Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need advice

My fico 8 scores are 605 eq, 624 tu, and 616 ex

My question is this. I applied for a discharge of my student loans which are all in good standing and yes I know about the tax form I'm ok with that. I only have 17k in student loans. But my double part question is I filed for chapter 7 bk in 2012 was also discharged in 2012. Well my military star cards never showed on my credit as being apart of it and had delequencies on them. Well today I finally got them to tag them the right way dating back to 2012 with delequencies. My question is should my scores raise with the amount of discharged student loans and then the delequencies getting off from the military star card. Also wanted to say thank you to everyone because of y'all I have got 3 co removed and I wish I could get inquiry's erased as well. Thanks for your opinions. The military star card just now fixing is what is making me nervous.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: I need advice

Depending on how many other negatives are on your report, I'd think you would see some gain, but I'm not sure it would be a huge number.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

While its possible you might see an increase the BK on file is the 800 lb gorilla in the room and as long as it remains onfile it overshadows the entire report and will cost you quite a few Fico points.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the advice. here is a little back ground to give a better outlook. filed chapter 7 bk in 2012 after my son passed.

current trade lines are as follows

cap one platinum 500 limit 236 balance turns a year old in july never late

cap one quick silver 300 limit 95 balance turns year old in july never late

credit one platinum 400 limit 0 balance turns year old in august never late

kay jewlers 500 limit 0 balance turns year old in july never late

ford motor credit started 32k now 29k with 1.9% turns year old in july never late

furniture installemnt loan 5k limit now 4k balance never late got in feb

student loans 17k in deferment until discharge has 17 missed payments with navient ( they have to at least fix one of the 180 day late)

now for the baddies:

filed chapter 7 bk august 2012

have 2 collections left one was included in bk other wont pay for delete

have been successful to pfd 3 collections

17 180 day lates with navient from nov/dec 2015, and all of 2014 (didnt know they were out of forbearance)

western shamrock 90 day late from 2011 (guy is trying to get this tl completely deleted they are very nice)

sun loan charge off in 2013 of 354 dollars but has been paid in full and hasnt updated yet (dont know if that will help score)

great lakes student loan has a 90 day late from 2013 for november but says ok payment for the months prior? dont understand that one

two collections are

fox collection for medical amount is 0 chapter 7 bk

pennyrile utilities from 2011 included in bk but said if i pay in full they will delete? will that help scores?

and the dreaded cach for 695 in 2015 that was from 2013 and just hit in may( they wont pfd)

everything else to include mutiple old car loans installemt and creditcard with chase in past were all paid perfect and never late.

when will my current accounts be considered not new anymore? they all turn a year old in july/august

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgot to mention im trying to purchase a home so any help would be greatly appreciated.

current myfico 08 scores are as follows

equifax-605

Transunion-646

Experian-626

which of the fico scores do credit card companies use? if im able to close on a house i want to get a higher limit card so i can eventually in 3 years fade out the little limit cards.

any advice to help my scores with the info given would be much appreciated.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

forgot to mention im trying to purchase a home so any help would be greatly appreciated.

current myfico 08 scores are as follows

equifax-605

Transunion-646

Experian-626

which of the fico scores do credit card companies use? if im able to close on a house i want to get a higher limit card so i can eventually in 3 years fade out the little limit cards.

any advice to help my scores with the info given would be much appreciated.

You should be requesting CLI's on the Cap One cards. You should be able to grow those to respectable limits (~10K total) in 12 months - see my sig.

Do you know your mortgage scores? You scores are very close to mine. What type of mortgage are you seeking? Conv, FHA, USDA, VA?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have before my scores went up and I kept getting denied. I'm trying to get a va home loan. I'm 100% disabled veteran
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know which fico scores credit card places like navy federal use? I know they use eq and tu but which version? I'm not going to do anything else until I close on my house. I also just emailed the ceo of both navient and Great Lakes which is where my student loans are to try to get a good will adjustment to get my late payments removed. Hopefully God willing if both get removed it should put me into a new bucket because those have 60,90,120, day Kate's on them. One even has a 180 late I think. I contacted western shamrock today also to get a good will adjustment and the man said he will work on getting the whole trade line deleted. Which is fine by me. If all 3 of these come together I will have no more layed on my reports at all. Hopefully that will boost my scores. Have you had any experience getting late payments removed? Did your score go up?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.