Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help, advice, anything! not getting anywhere

tag
ALD22
New Contributor

I need help, advice, anything! not getting anywhere

I've been trying to improve my credit for almost a year now and I'm not getting anywhere. I've sent countless GW letters, paid accounts, tried to open new tade lines but nobody will give me a chance. I don't know what else to do. I want to apply for a USDA loan, but need a 620 mid score. The lender pulled my report yesterday and my mid score is 592. Can someone please look at my report and let me know if there is anything else I can try. I have it saved as a pdf and can email it. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
blitz
Valued Member

Re: I need help, advice, anything! not getting anywhere

I would try like a secured credit card and let it age to start. CapOne or First Premier (I think) are good ones to start. Bring up the score a bit with those, perhaps the shopping cart trick. Then go for the loan. It will get there.

Starting Score: AVG 529 (5/2013)
Current Score: 626 (03/2014) - Barclaycard FICO
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: I need help, advice, anything! not getting anywhere

@ALD22 wrote:

Can someone please look at my report and let me know if there is anything else I can try. I have it saved as a pdf and can email it.  

Just post the pertinant info here, and the peeps will look at it.

In a nutshell, if you want good credit you must show a history of using credit responsibly, and being reliable.  So pay on time, all of the time for any existing obligations.  

For defaulted obligations, PFD if you can, pay off if you can't, then GW it to death.

To add new accounts, become an authorized user, finance a loan or car with a cosignor, and get a secured credit card.  Keep the balance low and pay on time all of the time.

If you add good, and eliminate bad, eventually all of the bad will fade and you'll be golden.

If you do these things you will succeed.  When you run into sticking points, ask the community.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.