Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help and support for my Morale.. sigh

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

I need help and support for my Morale.. sigh

My credit score was in the 685 region and I was glad that finally I was going in the 700s up until I lost my job in April and couldnt pay back AMEX green card..

So now im repaying $2k and im sure my credit has dropped in the upper 580s. havent even bothered checking since im disgusted with myself.. so im basically on the road to recovery. sigh

I recently applied for an auto loan quote and to my surprise i got approved although for only 15,000 with 18% apr for 6 years lol

Any advice as to where I should start to rebuilding my credit? obviously first i have to pay off my debt and go from there...

what ways can I get free monthly credit scores? EX, EQ, and of course TU..

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I need help and support for my Morale.. sigh

Welcome to the forums.

Everyone has been there so don't beat yourself up.  Life gets in the way and you have no control over it.  It isn't like you just chose not to pay, your situation didn't allow for it.  When you are left unemployed you really have to prioritze and no matter what, your family comes first. 

You will be able to overcome this, it may take time and patience.

Have you pulled your free reports from annualcreditreport.com yet?  1 from each CRA every 12 months.  Don't bother with the scores as they are for educational purposes only.

Find out if there may be something you are not aware of on your reports.

Once you get your reports you can post accounts if you need some advice.

Keep paying down your CC.

There is nowhere you can get all 3 FICO scores free.

Message 2 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Are you employed now and paying at least the minimum again or are they still behind?
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

I am employed now, and paying minimum, but with the AMEX green card, they want the payment in full.. I guess I should call them and make a payment plan so it doesn't go to collections..

Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Random_idiot wrote:
I am employed now, and paying minimum, but with the AMEX green card, they want the payment in full.. I guess I should call them and make a payment plan so it doesn't go to collections..

Ask Amex about enrolling in the Oasis program

This will help in getting you back in once the debt is paid and don't get done things happen and it just makes you stronger so keep your head up and keep moving forwardSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

will do. i recently got the right job offer, so i should pay off amex within 3 months.. ill give them a call and tell them to hold off closing the account and passin it to collections, and that i didnt have a job, now i do and will pay or work out a payment plan..

im so frustrated because i was just about to apply for the amex platinum, and i lost my job. oh well, thats life. ups and downs. ill be sure to ask them for a normal credit card later on rather than a charge card so they wont get all emotional if i dont pay the amount in full.

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Random_idiot wrote:

will do. i recently got the right job offer, so i should pay off amex within 3 months.. ill give them a call and tell them to hold off closing the account and passin it to collections, and that i didnt have a job, now i do and will pay or work out a payment plan..

im so frustrated because i was just about to apply for the amex platinum, and i lost my job. oh well, thats life. ups and downs. ill be sure to ask them for a normal credit card later on rather than a charge card so they wont get all emotional if i dont pay the amount in full.

Let us know the results and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.