Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help please!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help please!!!!!

I have been researching credit repair the last few months and now I feel fully prepared to dive in but I am still unsure of myself and would like some advice on how to proceed. What I need help with:

CPA - collection account in which the original creditor (comcast ) will still allow me to pay but will not agree to delete (told this over the phone). They said they will just update the account as Paid. I know that this will be no help to me. So, should I send a letter to the CA asking for PFD or should I send it to the OC?

GECRB/Old Navy - CO closed showing $0 balance and "transferred to another lender". Shoud I send a GW to Old Navy asking them to delete or should I wait to pay the CA to which the account was transferred to (LVNV Funding) and then send the GW?

I am also trying to do this for my husband's credit. He has two CO's (both unpaid), one with Capital One and the other w/Santander. Because these accounts are charged off, should I ask for PFD or just for removal of the late payments and charge off status change to closed? I emailed Capitol One's CEO and they will not change the status of the account. According them it is illegal to report it as closed if it was charged off. Santander basically said the same over the phone. Any advice on all of these issues will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: I need help please!!!!!

Hello - at this stage you should really do everything in writing.

CPA is most likely the internal collection agency for Comcast, I would send them a PFD letter, send it to who is on your credit report.  I would not make any payments until you have the PFD in writing.

A GW letter to Old Navy really will do no good at this point, since it was a CO and not paid as of yet they will not delete it.  You could try disputing directly with them depending on how long it has been since the CO.  Be careful dealing with LVNV.  I would send a DV to LVNV, dealing with them in the past you may have to send several requests.

For the unpaid CO's your best bet is a PFD, again in writing.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.