Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with Faxing disputes.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with Faxing disputes.

Okay, I'm getting very irritated with these CRA's. Things coming back verified that were opened fraudulently before I turned 18!!!

Here is my story for those of you that haven't read it.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=5957

I need to fax these people with a copy of my DL and Social Security card, and say I want the following accounts blocked from reporting as they can't be mine because they were opened before i turned 18!!!! (I prefer to fax because its faster I have come to learn, and its free to me)

A copy of my DL's and my Social Security Card. To me, this would be enough proof to have these accounts removed. The fact that these accounts cannot be mine because I JUST turned 18. Its pure logic, sounds simple. ugh.. I'm not getting how they don't see this!

I need help with good letters to fax them to get them to remove these fraudulent accounts from my reports. Can anyone help me?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help with Faxing disputes.

On your reports...do you have multiple unknown...SSNs...DOBs...ADDRESSES...if so...CALL the 3 CRAs...and dispute over the phone...which personal info is yours...and which are not...have you ever sent them proof of your SSN...and DL...before???....
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is only one SS# one address and those are correct.

The incorrect thing is my bday, they have corrected this last week, but the mysteriously put the incorrect one back, I got something in the mail today saying it was corrected.

I have faxed them my DL and SS card before. I need these fraudulent accounts removed, as they were opened before I turned 18, I want to fax them one letter with my Credit Report and the circled accounts i want removed because they were opened before I was 18.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to contact the fraud department...for the accounts???...if these accounts were opened with your SSN...and addresses...and continuing to be verified...they ARE your accounts technically...so you have to go to the fraud department...and deal with it that way...so they can prove...you...yourself did not open them...
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried, I get transferred all over, and I get no where. These are not my accounts, the birthdays are wrong, yes the SS # is right, because its identity theft. I have filed a police report. I was 16-17 when these accounts were opened by someone else. Therefore that alone to me is proof that they have no legal standing.

I'm in no way going to fax these companies my DL's or SS card so they can update the info and make them valid, I have heard of them doing this.

I do not want to deal with these companies, they give me the run around and transfer me all over the place. I have informed them of the identity theft, and they do nothing. Now I am going to the CRA's they are my last option.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know good/valid faxing numbers for all three CRAs?
Message 6 of 17
adamseve
Established Contributor

These are the fax numbers I've used recently.  I'm praying they are correct:

Equifax - 404-885-8988
Experian - 972-390-3838
TransUnion - 610-546-4606

Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faxed in letters to each of the CRA's that i wrote myself, stating what was going on.

We will see.
Message 8 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Here are some number to speak directly to someone so that you can dispute

I couldnt find that Experian number so start with these

866-212-2170-Transunion

678-795-7820-Equifax

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate dealing with these people on the phone. Be it a creditor or the CRA's or any big company for that matter. It's a horrid experience.

The only Company I will actually call is BofA
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.