Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with raising my Fico

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need help with raising my Fico

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, Sounds like the OC is pointing you to the collection agency. Paying the OC is fine, however, a document indicating that you are Paid in Full, does not give you the power to have the item deleted from your CR. You need that. And without a agreement to recieve that documentation after the transaction, you have no power. I would take the angle with the OC, "I want to make this right. I have the money. However, without an agreement to recieve documentation to remove this item from my credit report, I am not iterested in paying, because it isn't helping my current situation."

When dealing with CA read below.

Just remember you have the money. They want the money. And as long as that is the status, you are in the position to negotiate!

Whoever reported the collection on your CR has the ability to remove the item from your credit report. 

Try asking for a document that indicates, once you pay in full, the CA will email or send you and document to remove the collection from all three CRA with authorizing representative's name number and or email address.

This would give you the power you need to dispute the collection with CRA and have the item removed.

If you do not get the answer you want. Call again another day. But do not shell out $1000 bucks with no power to remove the item yourself. That puts you in the position of having to trust a CA, after you paid the collection. The CRA could contact them and they could say, yes the item is paid in full, yes that was a legitimate collection. Then you would be out $1000, collection still on your CR for 6 more years, and no bargaining chips.

You do not have to admit the collection is yours, in fact you shouldn't. Say instead, this collection is effecting my ability to be approved for credit. I don't think I am liable for the dept, however, I would have to pay as much if not more for an attorney to remove etc etc. My goal is to have this removed from my credit report, and I am willing to pay the full amount to achieve that goal. Without documentation of the promise of deletion documentation after transaction, I will not pay. Can I speak to your supervisor. Then wash and repeat.

Don't let them appeal to your honest nature, or good intentions, blah blah. This is a business tranaction. What happened yesterday as no bearing on today.

Understand they they will not provide deletion documentation before you pay the dept. There needs to be agreement documentation, indicating they will provide deletion documentation, to you upon payment.

Act as if your perfectly ok with the collection remaining there if they can't provide documentation to have removed from credit report. Even though your not, right? ;-)... We don't care if they tell the CRA if it was a mistake or wrong account or mix up. Only that you have documentation to send the CRA's authorizing the collection removal.

Technically speaking and by law, they are suppose to take the money and leave the collection on your report. But, getting paid most of the time overrides what is suppose to happen, rule of capitalism. This is why good old mail works well, it isn't closely monitored like a phone call to a representative is. Maybe gives the CA a little maneuvering room.

If you have to, hire an attorney to do it for you. But do not rely on hope that they will do what they say.

Your sole focus is to get that collection off your CR's. Anything else, is not acceptable, period.

Ok. I've reached out to the OC so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I will let you know if I have any success with them agreeing to pull it from the CA. They should be able to since it's still owned by them.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help with raising my Fico

@Sassy_Taurus wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the post from here, bankruptcy and the mortgage boards daily. Trying to see if I could figure out my next step. I subscribed to ultimate 3B report and the below were my scores.

August 14,2015
Mortgage Scores
EX-590
EQ-587
TRANS-597

Reg Scores
EQ-523
EX-548
TRANS-514

I was really surprised to see my mortgage scores higher than my reg ones. At this time I only had a car loan reporting (never late opened 2014). Student loan in deferment until 9/15 and 1 open collection for $1000. I was advised to get at least 2 credit cards to bring my score up to 640. I was approved for Cap 1 secured I sent in $300 and I have Total Access for $300. Is it possible to bring the scores to 640 by January with only the 2 small cards or am I Sol?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Here you go:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.