cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some advice. Brand new to the forum.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some advice. Brand new to the forum.

Disclaimer:  I'm a total newbie when it comes to all of this. 

I just looked at my reports for the first time in a few years.  Between the three my average score is 611.  I have three negative items.  Two are form cable companies dating back a few years.  One is a charge off from a car loan.  Now what happened there is the car was wrecked(hit by a drunk driver) I had gap insurance through the dealer I purchased the car from.  However that dealership is no longer in business.  So I kind of got screwed.   I was not made aware of any of this until the charge off already happened.  Can this be disputed?  I figure the cable companies, i will just have to pay?  What can I do to significantly increase my score in the next six months?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: I need some advice. Brand new to the forum.

Gap insurance if you had it, you need to go over your contracted paperwork. While the dealer upsells you Gap Insurance it is still usually a separate entity who collects your payments and makes a payment to you when you submit a claim. Look over your paperwork with a fine tooth comb and find the information to correct your situation. Also if you were hit by another party you could have sued them for the difference. But the statute probably has expired on sueing by now. 

The cable bills cant be very high, I would offer a PFD (payment for deletion). 

You could also list the items on your credit report just keep personal information out of what you list such as account numbers, your name and such.

When you list items give date opened, credit limit, balance, is account still open or closed, if in good standing or not. All the pertinent information and others will offer all types of ideas on how to help you raise your scores.

Just a small reminder that many think and forget at times. Repairing your credit is work and time consumming, some times you get lucky and have a quick fix while most of the time it takes a while to rebuild. Do not get discouraged, patience and persistence are your two greatest values when rebuilding.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.