Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some fresh excitement

tag
mamatried
Contributor

I need some fresh excitement

I've been grinding away and progress has really slowed. Help me with some fresh excitement. Anything actionable I can do will get me excited... but I'm afraid now it's just a sit and wait game. Let me know if you have any feedback on my profile. Open to all ideas! I'm afraid I'm getting bored of this and am going to lose momentum... 

12/23/14

EQ-536

TU-548

EX-554

9 months ago, I ran my credit and was mortified. I knew it was bad and I would get denied, so I frankly used cash most of the time. I had such a mess. I paid collections and started opening new accounts and PIF'd everything. Unfortunately I didn't know about PFD and now I have some paid collections on my account I'm pushing through... I also didn't understand "inquiries" and have a ton of them. Gross. Stupid stupid stupid.

• 1 Missed Payment from 2013 still reporting, so payment history 99%
  • Allied Collection Reporting (2) Paid Closed Medical Collections on all bureaus. Paid in full plus extra processing charges. They refuse to remove. Stinnks so hard as one is only $38 and the other was only $180. Such tiny amounts killing me. I've emailed three times and called once. I'm going to mail a letter this week, but they told me not to hold my breath. 
  • Diversified Adjustments, reporting (1) Paid Closed Collection on Equifax. They removed from Transunion. Said they couldn't remove from Equifax which sounded like bullocks and that I had to file a dispute. I did and was fully honest so I won't hold my breath on this one... but at least then when it is declined, maybe I can call them back and say HEY NOW, YOU told me to do this and it didn't work
  • LJ Ross reporting (1) Paid Closed Collection on all bureaus. They're awesome! They agreed to remove in their next batch. WAHOOO!!! Should see a bump 30-90 days out. 
  • Stellar Recovery (1) Paid Collection reporting on Equifax. I had written them and they agreed to remove. It has fallen off Transunion - waiting on Equifax now. Did NOT include in my Diversified Adjustments disupute above as I think this will update and come off.. fingers crossed.
  • US Department of Education has duplicate entries from one loan, $0.00 balance, showing 120 days late, but this is 11 years old and the loan was paid in full. Very bazaar. I filed a dispute with Equifax on same dispute form as Diversified showing it is a dupe, 11 years old and there is no balance. Not sure what will happen here. Issue is this should of been rehabbed after it defaulted, but it was paid in full.... when I tried to plead my case after they couldn't do anything for me... poop. Always rehab your baddie student loans kids. Do not pay in full. 
  • Average Age of Credit History is BAD! Should I close some of the accounts I opened this year? 1 year, 6 months
  • Utilization is 5 - 7%
  • 14 - 15 Accounts Reporting
  • 15 - 19 Inquiries Reporting

Current Lines:

Unsecured Majors: - all opened in 2015

CP1 QS $500 / $1K, will pay off before it reports

Chase Freedom $0 / $500

Citi Best Buy $0 / $500

Secured:

US Bank H-D $0 / $300 - opened in 2012

CP1 Plat $0 / $500  ($200 secured, $300 unsecured CLI) - opened in 2015

Unsecured Store Cards: - Opened in 2015

Gap $60 / $300, need to make returns today that will void this $60 balance out

Kohl's $0 / $300

Macy's $0 / $300

JCrew $0 / $250

VS $0 / $250

Loans:

Ally Auto $13K @13.81% - Opened in 2014

Student $500 @5%, paying $40/month to keep open, but could PIF at anytime - opened in 2003

Savings

$1,300.00

Income fluctuates... no less than $70K gross, but should push to $100K by next year, if not very close this year.

I'm running nearly all of my transactions through credit cards and then paying via my checking account as soon as charges post. Most transactions go through CP1 Quicksilver 1.5% Rewards or Chase Freedom 5%, depending on category. 

9/30/15

EQ-652

TU-656

Goals

• 680+ scores by January 2016 so I can buy a home via a conventional 15yr mortgage. Would like to close by April 2016. 
  • Eventually.... 720+ would like to get in that EXCELLENT bucket. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need some fresh excitement

Keep up the calls and GW letters!

DO NOT Close any new accounts - it won't change the Avg Age anyway - they average in for 10 years after closing (so I've been told) so that won't help.   Just keep paying them on time and age up!   At least it helps your mix of accounts and payment history.

Wish I had better advice - I'm kinda in the same boat - so I understand the frustration - I'm waiting for my 2 newest accounts to hit my scores - and then I'll tackle the last baddie - I just want to see what the score jump finally is!  

Message 2 of 5
mamatried
Contributor

Thanks! That really does help. Sometimes it just feels good to hear others say KEEP IT UP! I'm in the same boat! I hear ya sister! Gonna keep on harassing these collectors to try to get those deletes. I think that will really help. I'm going to go buy an ice cream cake the day I hit 700.

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great that you have made good progress, keep going!

I agree with the previous poster, dont close good accounts unless they are predatory.

A good account does nothing but continue to add to your AAoA.

If you were to close it, no change to AAoA, it will continue to be factored for 10 years.  So it wouldnt change anything in that respect.

You would lose the CL from that account so your UTI might suffer.

If you need amusement - here's what I do -

Browse thru the pre-qual sites and check them, after making sure every time that it is not an app and that it will 'not harm your credit', meaning a SP only.  If you get a new pre-qual offer, make a note of it, not an app.

Check all of my accounts frequently, look for bad things, and also look for good things, like an auto  gift CLI.  (hey, it could happen!)

Look for a SCT store that you will NEVER accept under any circumstances and practice.  DO NOT EVER ACCEPT, you are just practicing.

Look for something to read on another site about credit recovery that you dont know about already. 

HTH

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do everything Asbinjax does.

I even go to Discover PreQual, which is garbage, just to see the Congrats. It satisfies me.

I'm right there with ya, cleaning up.

EQ: 1 Collection PRA, PIF, 2 Collections Credit C_trol Co_p PIF, 1 Charge Off, 2 Late payments installment. All 2014, now all over 1 yr old.

TU: 1 Collection PRA, PIF, 1 Collection Credit C C_trol Co_p PIF, 1 Charge Off, 2 Late payments installment. 

EX: 1 Collection PRA PIF, 2 Collections Credit C C_trol Co_p PIF, 1 Charge Ooff, 2 Late payments installment.

July - Sept 2015

Quicksilver MC, Playstation Visa, GoRewards, Classic Amex, Vickies Secret, Overstock

Just...waiting...goodwilling...getting EQ and EX to remove the CCC that TU did.

Rock on Sister.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.