cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some guidance on what to do next!!!!!!!!

tag
couponcrazy

I need some guidance on what to do next!!!!!!!!

Hello, I recently filed a dispute with Experian on a First savings credit card I had a number of years ago which I recently paid off with Millenium financial. I filed a dispute and was able to have Millenium deleted of my credit report but First savings remained. Can someone please tell me should I GW First savings to see if they can delete it since they are paid off already???? If so does anyone have a good contact email address or name as to who to contact.

Next question.. I also paid of a Portfolio Recovery account I had thru Cap one and instead of them putting on my report that the account has been paid they are now reporting that I have a remaining balance of $817.00. I have a settlement offer that was accepted by them in writting stating " We agree to settle for $1000 for the above referenced account". My original balance was $1817.00. Should I file a dispute or send a GW letter to them to delete or update account.. Any help will be greatly appreciate it..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: I need some guidance on what to do next!!!!!!!!

File a complaint with the CFPB against them for crawfishing on a deal and putting fraudulent info on your credit report. They probably report settles for less but can't show a remaining balance after.
Message 2 of 4
couponcrazy

Okay thank you I will try that next. Do you think I should file a dispute with the credit bureau and hope to  have it deleted

Message 3 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

You could fax a Copt of the agreement to the CRAs along with the dispute for incorrectly reporting info. That may work by itself. Good luck
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.