Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to stop!!!!

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I need to stop!!!!

Hey guys,

So I was discharged from BK7 in June and I have opened 3 accounts and I am a AU on my girlfriends CC she has excellent cred but she would not put me on any of her other cards until I prove my financial worthyness!

The cards I have are 

Orchard - 300 limit

Cap 1 Secured - 200 limit (I will be adding deposits to them for a whole yr.. to build up to 3k.

First primier - 300 limit (was first card was approved for will cut them loose at 1 yr mark.

I have a car loan I needed! Crazy intrest @ 28% but I needed a car! I will pay off balance in tax time! I purchased sept and still isnt reporting.

my monthly payments are $250 but I have been paying 500-600 a mo to pay day the balance.

I had an APP addiction so I racked up a whole lot of inquiries this yr because of trying to rebuild and a car loan..

I have 22 inquiries on all three reports so I wont be apping for anything until Nov 2014.

So any recommendations in 2014? Should I keep the car loan? or just pay it off. I have 3 installment loans

The car that hasnt reported yet and 2 student loans = 5k that are on defer status.

In 2014 what should I do to create a diverse file? I will not APP for anything because I know i wont be approved for anything!

All accounts previous are IIB 1 car loan, no CC's all Medical debt if it matters. I am sending letters out all the time to get these removed but anyways im rebuilding so i know i need to garden just need some advice!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I need to stop!!!!

With that high of interest, pay it off as soon as possible.  Garden those cards that you currently have, pay everything on time and just let your CR heal.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Thanks shogun..

Yeah and it sucks i wont even be able to refi because of all those damn inquiries!! But its okay if i garden these cards do you think in two yrs id have a good chance at some prime cards??

I have 7 months of history on all cards orchard keeps denying me of CLI for some reason but probably because the balance i keep on the card. Im going to pay orchard to 0 and keep it there until they five me a CLI ill charge my gym pass on it thats probably it and PIF every month.

With my cap1 secured im gonna keep at 0 and just build it to 3k in the next 2yrs and first primier im gonna keep at 0 until the first yr then before annual fee ill cancel
Message 3 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

Hey guys,

So I was discharged from BK7 in June and I have opened 3 accounts and I am a AU on my girlfriends CC she has excellent cred but she would not put me on any of her other cards until I prove my financial worthyness!

The cards I have are 

Orchard - 300 limit

Cap 1 Secured - 200 limit (I will be adding deposits to them for a whole yr.. to build up to 3k.

First primier - 300 limit (was first card was approved for will cut them loose at 1 yr mark.

@I have a car loan I needed! Crazy intrest @ 28% but I needed a car! I will pay off balance in tax time! I purchased sept and still isnt reporting.

my monthly payments are $250 but I have been paying 500-600 a mo to pay day the balance.

I had an APP addiction so I racked up a whole lot of inquiries this yr because of trying to rebuild and a car loan..

I have 22 inquiries on all three reports so I wont be apping for anything until Nov 2014.

So any recommendations in 2014? Should I keep the car loan? or just pay it off. I have 3 installment loans

The car that hasnt reported yet and 2 student loans = 5k that are on defer status.

In 2014 what should I do to create a diverse file? I will not APP for anything because I know i wont be approved for anything!

All accounts previous are IIB 1 car loan, no CC's all Medical debt if it matters. I am sending letters out all the time to get these removed but anyways im rebuilding so i know i need to garden just need some advice!

This is a keeper right here... You should not app for anything and let your accounts age and grow. Also let your INQs age off...the are only factored into FICO scoring for 12 mo's. Just continue to build your credit, your are making great progress. One day you will have to change your user name lol.

Message 4 of 8
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Yeah shes great! But I know im making progress but I just dont feel like I am!! I think I need to forget about credit for about 2 years and just garden and pay my bills on time.. I use the backdoor on my reports daily to monitor for free. I have like a billion soft pulls for eq, tu and ex because of it. 

But anyone have any recommendations?? Should I cancel first premier at the one yr mark and up the limit on my cap 1 secured? I am trying to grow the orchard card but they wont fricken give me a CLI! Im gonna protest by keeping it 0 balance!! Maybe if i get my cap1 secured upto 3k they will give me a CLI.. On my CLI requests they never hard pulled or soft pulled me.. They just say not enough time established with credit line..

P.S. LOL.. when my score changes my name may be irrelevant but it will be a iconic symbol of my dreaded past!!

Message 5 of 8
TrishN
Established Contributor

Don't close it. if you don't care about AF. And just don't use it. They will help you raise your score. After another year,I believe your score above 600s

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 6 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

So I'll ask,

What negative items are on your CR? With your scores the way they are now, there are definitely some derogs on there. List them here, don't be ashamed as we are all here to help. (create another thread with that info)

You can raise your score above 600 much faster than 12 months.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 8
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Madmann

EQ-

Derogs

Installment:

Reliant financial - IIB

Navy Fed auto - 1 30 day late closed paid in full (They wont budge on GW)

Revolving:

Cap 1 Charge Off on file til 2016

Navy Fed CC - IIB (I have a payment plan set up with them to pay off so I can reestablish membership!)

USAA Secured - IIB (I told them I was filing because of MED debt and they said theyll keep my card open... NOPE!)

Other:

Verizon - IIB

Public record: BK7

TU:

Derogs

Same as EQ

Exp:

Derogs

Same as EQ but i have

9 Listed IIB By CMRE Medical

I had gotten CMRE deleted from TU because of addresses and no verification but exp wouldnt budge..

This is my total picture of my cred as of today.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.