cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to take a credit rebuild break....

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I need to take a credit rebuild break....

Honestly, I feel like I have been working on this for months....and I just joined the forums about a month ago. I have had some serious progress!!! But, I am tired of looking at my credit reports everyday hoping something is going to change overnight, I have been slacking off at work and home....I am going to take a break for a week and not do ANYthing. I won't check my scores again until 12/15/2013, then I will decide how much I can spend for the holidays.  Smiley Happy 

1. Federal tax lien paid, released, withdrawn, and finally deleted
  2. MD tax lien paid, released, withdrawn, and deleted
  3. VA Judgement paid, waiting for certificate of satisfaction, then file motion to set aside
  4. DV sent to Calvary Portfolio, PFD before 12/1/2013
  5. BBB Complaint filed against Midland
  6. AFNI deleted
  7. 2 Credit Control Collections deleted
  8. 1st Financial FCU CO PFD--waiting to see it go
  9. RJM deleted
  10. Progressive Insurance deleted
  11. 5 Nationwide Collections deleted
  12. 2 CLI: Cap1 and VS 
  13. 3 New CC Cap1 Journey ,Barclays MC,  Target
  14. GW late payment removals sent bi-weekly to anyone else that's left
012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need to take a credit rebuild break....

Fight the good fight.  Your problems were not created overnight therefore they will not be solved overnight.  I started my trek on 11/11/12 and I went from 584 to 710.  I hardly saw no progress for months but time is the healer when it comes to credit.  Payoff, GW, or whateveer you need to get your derogs off your credit report.  When I started my trek I had 0 credit cards.  I now have 4 and a $5k LOC.  You have to stay at it.  Just do it for alitlle while every night for like 30 minutes and then go watch some TV or whatever.  Building credit takes time and all you can dois wait....and wait....and wait....and wait!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 2 of 11
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@signguy17, Thanks, I really needed to hear that....30 mins a day is a good idea. Its been more like 4 hours a day for me.  Thanks again!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 3 of 11
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

You are killing it! Keep it up

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Message 4 of 11
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

@newmom - you have done AWESOME!!!  I've only succeeded with getting one account removed from all three and one account removed from two reports and still working  on the third.  I have GW letters out and a PFD.  My DV actually resulted in them just deleting it from the last report without even sending me anything. lol that was a nice one to see!

I'm with you though. I have become absolutely obsessed with this and I think my eyes are going to pop out of my head from staring at the computer for so many hours a day!!  Crazy.  But I'm also with you that I'm going to take a break (or lessen the amount of time per day) that I obsess over this and be more diligent in checking it at certain intervals.  I just seem to get so excited any time that I have an alert.  LOL I'm like a little kid in the candy store. 

I've raised my score - much like you - about 50 points in the past month & a half so it's exciting to see it going up, but I guess we've got to learn patience! lol

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how you other "issues" turn out - especially the Midland one.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 11
CrystalLeeDebt

I absolutely understand this. I have been stalking my stuff everyday. It's a first thing in the morning ritual. I look at a million sites with great hopes that they just haven't alerted me yet. My home is in shambles while I check to see if anyone has reported!

This is one of the worst addictions I have ever had. But I will confess. Seeing TU clean after having 9 baddies at one point is a feeling no one would ever understand unless they are actually working on their credit.

Now if the 2 other would follow suit and wake up!

I am now a believer in separate everything. Never mingle your accounts with someone else!

Good luck everyone, off to go check an account, lol
Message 7 of 11
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I am having to back off a bit myself lol.  Did decent the first month and then hit 3 speed bumps.  My laties all drop off by June or July of next year except for one medical collections that just keeps shutting me down lol.   3 things left !   When my cards report and balances transfer My credit card available cresit will go from 5900 to around 31k with only a 3k balance.  That will be my feel good jump in score.  The rest is wait.  

I was doing the same, on here at night, at work, going thru reports, trackin every little thing I could.   Made me anxious and impatient lol.

Garden time ? Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 8 of 11
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Can you help me? How did you do it?

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 9 of 11
Shokk
Established Contributor

I think you've gotten a ton of work done in a months time, but a break can be good.  It can be easy to get obsessive about it.  I know I did. Now I'm in wait mode.  Everything I have left other than charge offs are in the hands of my attorney, so there nothing I can do but wait.  I think that's worse!

Great job so far and good luck with the rest!

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.