Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need you guys!

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I need you guys!

First of all, thank you for being as awesome as you are...YEA YOU!!!

In about a week, I will be able to pay off the medical collections that were covered by insurance (thats neither here nor there and the thought alone makes meSmiley Mad, but I digress)

I want to go in head strong with the offer to PFD, but whats the best way to go about it??! I have only had success with maybe two PFD's- one of which i didnt even know theyd delete it! The other I lucked out and talked to a lady who was super nice and understanding.

I have paid of one CA in full....and they arent budging. There were two collections under them that I have GW'd the heck out of, and have yet to hear any kind of response Smiley Sad

The people that I am prepared to poay next will be my final CA! I will OFFICIALLY be debt free once I pay them! Im excited about that of course, but I would surely LOVE to be debt free AND have those marks removed off my credit report!!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEASE help me with a strategy, a plea bargain, a love spell(Smiley Tongue) or something to get these people to give me what I want! I cant go sit face to face and be my charming self Smiley Very Happy like I want to as they are back home in NY and I now live in DE.

Whats a girl to do?!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: I need you guys!

Do a search here on the forums, with the last CA you are fixing to send a PFD to.

You may find some helpful info.

Good luck to you girlfriend.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 20
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Ive done everything these posts suggest, thats how I got one deleted!!!! (((YAAAYYY)))...prayerfully these people will give me a break!

Ive already spoken to a CSR who says that they do not do PFD. My next move was to call to speak to a supervisor and see if they could do anything.

Thanks so much for the well wishes!!!!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

Ive done everything these posts suggest, thats how I got one deleted!!!! (((YAAAYYY)))...prayerfully these people will give me a break!

Ive already spoken to a CSR who says that they do not do PFD. My next move was to call to speak to a supervisor and see if they could do anything.

Thanks so much for the well wishes!!!!

Have you tried HIPAA yet?

Message 4 of 20
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

HIPPA INTIMIDATES ME! Lol! I wish I were joking but Im so serious!

Ive read differing ways on how it should be done. The steps and process seem very intricate. Is it as hard as it seems?!

Message 5 of 20
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

HIPPA INTIMIDATES ME! Lol! I wish I were joking but Im so serious!

Ive read differing ways on how it should be done. The steps and process seem very intricate. Is it as hard as it seems?!

That's exactly how I feel!

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 6 of 20
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Yoli! Im like WHERE DO i EVEN BEGIN???!

Id seriously rather not...lol. But I would try as a last resort!

Message 7 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

Yoli! Im like WHERE DO i EVEN BEGIN???!

Id seriously rather not...lol. But I would try as a last resort!

Yeah, I was able to PFD so I skipped it, but if you google whychat and hipaa you'll find a walkthrough.

Message 8 of 20
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Thank you...Ive seen those steps and those intimidate me tooSmiley Sad

Message 9 of 20
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

When I did my PFD's the strategy varied.

If the amount was under $100, I just PFD'd for the full amount.

For larger amounts, I would figure out how much you can pay for it, and then position yourself for negotiation. Say for instance, I had an account that was 600 something dollars. I knew I wanted to end up really paying no more than 360 (if possible since that was how much I could comfortably afford at that moment). Let's say I sent a PFD for 30'ish% offering to pay them $180. They deny it but countered back at $350... ok, great.

Of course that's just an example because in my cases so far my PFD's have been accepted.

Find out whats comfortable for you. if you have a rock bottom number and you want to go in strong, then by all means do so. Be firm and let them know this is what you can pay, point blank period, accept it or leave it. But if you have some time and are flexible, try to get it at a lower percentage and see where it goes.

Just because you get a no, doesn't mean you can't get a yes. If they say no, find another contact higher up and try again.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.