Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now have a mortgage...Me...of all people

tag
gypsymama
Established Member

Re: I now have a mortgage...Me...of all people

That's great! Congratulations! I hope to buy a home in the coming years after I've done some rebuilding/repair work myself. Good luck on your new home. Hope you love it!!!

Cap One Secured $200; Fingerhut $250; Venus $250; VS $500
Message 11 of 18
down_n_out
Contributor

Loved hearing your story, congrats.

Message 12 of 18
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Fantastic News!!! Good luck!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
mommy_of_2
New Visitor

Can I ask you how? My husband and I are in extreme need for a house asap?
Message 14 of 18
elsenyor
Valued Member

Mommy_of_2: I started by taking inventory of everything I owed on my credit reports. I disputed and had removed information that was past the SOL, paid a judgement, and refinanced my student loans. I got two secured cards and kept my utilization down to 30% with 9% at reporting. I took a secured loan with my bank. And read these posts daily. It was here I learned how to do it all. I'm still working on my scores and won't stop until 800 is mine :-)

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 15 of 18
juice
Valued Member

Congrats. Is that 3.8 is nice did you have to pay any points?

Message 16 of 18
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Wow, my scores are almost identical to yours from August 2013 to today and I just put in my mortgage application today...I still look back at my EQ score that was a 423 back in June 2013 and look today at the 624 score and think, "how did I let it get so bad?" But enough of the past...on to the future!

Congrats to you and sharing your success!

Message 17 of 18
Jerzee123
Established Member

You story is inspiring so much more!! 

I am 41 yrs old single mom , after years of messing up credit, not paying a old utilty bill, medical bill, chargeoffs, etc...

All i want now is a  house and real home for me and my son..

i've been tring to get things off report , and paid, but,  it gets frustrating when score drops 7 pts , adds 1 point, etc.(on karma credit).

i established a retail card, and secured card

this whole goal trying to get a credit score of 640 is consuming me!!!! (score was recently a month ago 613 , today 603, im so ticked! i agreeded to pay Direct tv/NCO  a bill that wasnt even showing on report, and then i agreed to pay $50/month (orig $244), i made first payment and boom- it came up on credit karma/TU and knock 7 pts) im frustrated and bummed.

but again reading you story is giving faith back!

Congrats on your mortgage!!!..... because thats what my goal is

enjoy your new home ...

http://www.capitalone.com/media/graphic-logo/credit-cards/card-art/price-mc-90-angle.jpg
https://ne.edgecastcdn.net/80033E/www.creditkarma.com/res/content/creditcards/creditoneb/cccreditonebank01_big.png
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.