Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I officially give up!

tag
windupbird
New Contributor

Re: I officially give up!

I will always have a soft spot for the Cubs.  My soon to be ex-husband is a Yankees fan, he's originally from NY Smiley Indifferent Anyways OP, there is hope for us yet!  Just as the Sox managed to come back from an 0-3 deficit against the Evil Empire in 2004 to win the ALCS and go on to defeat the Cardinals in the World Series, we will defeat our credit problems and stage a dramatic come back! 

2 years ago, I went to DC with the family and my son was wearing a Cincinnati Reds hat that I bought him while on a business trip.  This very friendly man from (presumably) the midwest approached us on the Metro and said "Hey, are you guys from Cincy?!" and began talking to us about baseball, the Reds, etc. etc. until I told him that I bought the hat as souvenir for my son and "we're actually from Boston, we're Red Sox fans...." I was mid-sentence, he turned on his heel and walked in the opposite direction.  It was then that I realized how much hatred there is outside of NE for the Sox/Pats.  Was pretty funny, though.

Message 11 of 21
Conswalla
Contributor

Back on track.

I was just having a bad day overall.

Thank you Shogun, Epcot, justjunie928, esmer0924 & windupbird for the encouraging words.

Got an alert that my score went up on 10/29 by 10 points.

Small jump but HUGE for me.

Thanks all.

me ^__^

Message 12 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Now that's better!!!  And congrats on the bump!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 21
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

It's frustrating because it's painfully slow and the fact that things pop up out of nowhere sometimes is really discouraging.  Most of us have been there and like a lot of things that are hard, sometimes you just want to give up.  Ideally you should always think of the end goal and not let obsticles get in your way.  I think for me the biggest kick in the butt is realizing that if I dont get my act together I would probably never get a house on my own or get the job that I want (most jobs in my area require a security clearance and number 1 denials for those is financial mismanagement).  Keep chipping away and don't be afraid to ask for help or encouragement.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 14 of 21
diabla
Regular Contributor

LOL, wonderful!  Glad you're back at it!  I have those days too, when I just want to say skip it!  It can be so frustrating when you put in a lot of work and then wake up to something out of the blue that knocked you back down.  But you can't give up.  You will have those days.  I imagine that even when you get up in the 800s, you might have some JDB slam your report with a false account, or pull up something from 15 years ago.  Just keep coming here for support and encouragement!  I feel like everyone here really enjoys seeing each other have success.

Message 15 of 21
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

That is a great attitude to have, I totally agree!!

I can't say much about my Astros.... but they are still mine Smiley Happy  Go Texans!!!

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 21
Conswalla
Contributor

I can't say enough about this community.

I'm grateful to be a member of such an encouraging knowledgeable community.

I feel sad for those struggling with credit issues without the guidance and support of this forum.

It's a beautiful feeling to know help is at your fingertips.

Message 17 of 21
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

If you just sat back and did nothing for the next 7 years, most - if not all, would be repaired.

You're choice as to whether or not you want to try and get it fixed faster.  if not, that is fine too.  just do not app for any more credit for 7 years +/-

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 18 of 21
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Conswalla wrote:

Back on track.

I was just having a bad day overall.

Thank you Shogun, Epcot, justjunie928, esmer0924 & windupbird for the encouraging words.

Got an alert that my score went up on 10/29 by 10 points.

Small jump but HUGE for me.

Thanks all.

me ^__^

Man... shut out on the thanks!!

Guess my words weren't encouraging enough!

I am kidding Smiley Happy  Good work and congrats on the score bump! It takes time but you will get there

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 19 of 21
Conswalla
Contributor

My score dropped by 12 points today.  Smiley Sad

I know why & I have a plan.

Staying positive.

Thanks Shogun!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.