cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid IC Systems for deletion of an ATT collection but they didn't delete, just changed status to "

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid IC Systems for deletion of an ATT collection but they didn't delete, just changed status to "

I called IC Systems and told the rep that I would pay the debt ($65) if they deleted it from my credit report. The guy agreed, I paid, but they have not deleted and just changed the status to "closed".

What can I do to resolve this?

Thank you for your advice.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: I paid IC Systems for deletion of an ATT collection but they didn't delete, just changed status

@Anonymous wrote:
I called IC Systems and told the rep that I would pay the debt ($65) if they deleted it from my credit report. The guy agreed, I paid, but they have not deleted and just changed the status to "closed".

What can I do to resolve this?

Thank you for your advice.

Unless you have the agreement in writing, it will be hard to get them to do anything at this point. Has it been updated with a zero balance?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 7
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: I paid IC Systems for deletion of an ATT collection but they didn't delete, just changed status

Did you get this in writing?

You could try and call the OC and ask that they not report your collection account. ICSystem gives clients the option to report or not when they turn a collection in at no additional charge.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has been updated to zero balance.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I did not get it in writing. I will reach out to the OC. Thanks for suggestion.

What if I call IC and tell them I will dispute the payment I made to them with my credit card company if they don't delete?
Message 5 of 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

I did a PFD on a couple of collections accounts and they did not come off of my reports.   I simply disputed them with the CRA using the reason that creditor agreed to remove.   The came off all three of my reports from the disputes.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it another reporting cycle. Its quite common for it to first be updated to $0 balance, then deleted to following report cycle.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.