Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid a Judgment..Should I be worried?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid a Judgment..Should I be worried?

After paying my Judgment a little over a month and a half ago with LVNV, I finally received my Release of Judgment Lien letter, signed and notorized by attorney, etc... I call TU and faxed a copy of it and she updated it pretty quick as PAID. (Now I hope I can finally qualify for a mortgage which is the reason I paid this off)..When I returned filing the Judgment with the COurthouse, I checked my mail and guess what, I recieved a letter from LVNV about my old Sears account and how the are collecting from it and it's been validated etc, This account has an DOFD of 09/01 for both EQ & EX. TU has is for 07/02. How can the DOFD be differeent? Is that right?

Well now that I just paid a 3,200 judgment im kinda worried that they will pull a fast one on me and threaten to sue. I have 4 more accounts with LVNV and all of them should fall of around 09/10-08 of this year.

My SOL inTexas is 4 years. Can they serve me again and put another Judgment on my Credit reports?

Please help.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: I paid a Judgment..Should I be worried?

I thought they couldnt sue if over the sol and if they did try you just SHOW UP and say SOL....
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
I thought they couldnt sue if over the sol and if they did try you just SHOW UP and say SOL....

Yeah that's why I am trying to get someone to confirm this with.

Anyone? 
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, they can sue you and yes, you can use beyond SOL and it will be dismissed. But, you have to show up in court.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
Yes, they can sue you and yes, you can use beyond SOL and it will be dismissed. But, you have to show up in court.

DO you know if the Judgment just appears one day on your credit report? Don't you have to be notified by the attorney's office or sign a document?

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You should have been properly served. Depending on the state you are in, there are different requirements for this. If you showed up in court, there would have been paper work. If you did not, they automatically win.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.