cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't have months let alone years to get this CA off my reports!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't have months let alone years to get this CA off my reports!

I've posted about my situation with Sprint and Convergent on the forums before. I paid Sprint in full and they said Convergent would delete (I have those convos in writing and recorded). It's been 30 days and its only been closed and marked as $0 balance. I've probably spoken with 20 Sprint agents since then.

I need to apply for a loan within the next month and the underwriting requires no collections whether paid or not. I was advised to start a goodwill campaign but I just don't have the time and Convergent does not respond to letters quickly at all.

Should I call Convergent and talk to them and see whether they are/will delete the collection or should I go the shady route and dispute with the BBB or CBs directly (even though I've already paid Sprint off)? I just really need this all the way GONE! I never received a notice from Convergent to begin with they just popped up on my reports one day so I didn't have time to pay Sprint before Convergent came along. 

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: I really don't have months let alone years to get this CA off my reports!

Unfortunately, since Convergent had collection authority when you paid Sprint all Convergent is required to do is to update the account to paid with a zero balance regardless of what Sprint may have said. Your issue is with Sprint now. Disputing with the CRA's won't accomplish anything. GW letters are the only thing you can do now.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! What's the most effective way of doing a goodwill campaign? 

Message 3 of 8
ScarlettClone
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply! What's the most effective way of doing a goodwill campaign? 

This is one of the best ways I have read about on this forum:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/m-p/4727098/highlight/true#M504189?filter=location&location=forum-board%3Arebuildingcredit&q=gw+plan

Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While the statement by the creditor that payment to them will result in deletion of the collection is not enforceable (and is also contrary to CRA credit reporting policy), you can treat as a poor business practice, and file a complaint with your local BBB.

The BBB cannot force any deletion, but might cause the creditor to contact the debt collector and use informal influence to convince them to delete the collection.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScarlettClone wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is one of the best ways I have read about on this forum:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/m-p/4727098/highlight/true#M504189?filter=location&location=forum-board%3Arebuildingcredit&q=gw+plan

Thank you! I appreciate you for this link it's very informative!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

While the statement by the creditor that payment to them will result in deletion of the collection is not enforceable (and is also contrary to CRA credit reporting policy), you can treat as a poor business practice, and file a complaint with your local BBB.

The BBB cannot force any deletion, but might cause the creditor to contact the debt collector and use informal influence to convince them to delete the collection.

Thank you Robert, I think I will file a complaint on Sprint with the BBB and also begin a good will campaign simultaneously and hopefully one of them works as quickly as possible!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Convergent is on your credit reports look them up on the BBB. You can usually view the text of the complaints and their responses. I was helping someone the other day and when we looked up the CA on the BBB their standard response was "Sorry, we will delete."

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.