Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't know what to do.

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

I really don't know what to do.

A least to own company based online has been a real pita to deal with. They add fees all the time, and one thing they do is take forever to update payment info. If today is wednesday, and you change your CC on file, and they bill Friday, they will add a $25 return fee.

The worst is the balance online (what you owe), is not always the same as your card is charged. If they say you owe $32.54, your card might be charge for $56.25.

Real shady business.

I've turned them into the BBB, the AG, and even had an attorney threaten to sue them (thought it would cost more than the $250 to have him do more).

They won't budge. They continue billing me, well they don't get any money out of me because I've updated the payment info to a checking account that is closed. 

As horrible as this company is, I assume they are going to add 5 more $25 return fees for the 5 months I have left paying per-month. Then before they turn me into a CA they will proably tack on some other BS fees as well.

Because I signed an agreement, there appears to be know way out of this, and hiring an attorney would cost more than the account is worth. 

The only thing I guess I can do is let it go to a CA, the D/V, but then that is a whole month or so of that account being on my CR, even if they delete it, which is not guarnteed. 

Does anyone have any advice? 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I really don't know what to do.

Credit card billing issues can be disputed within 90 days of any billing under the provisions of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

FCBA disputes have documentation requirements not required under the FCRA dispute processes.

You might look into filing an FCBA dispute to contest your billing issues.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.