Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really need help on rebuilding my credit

tag
Asmodai66
Established Member

I really need help on rebuilding my credit

it's so bad I get denied from USAA for a autoloan, and I'm in the military.  My score is 580 right now, this is the run down. Appreantly I was 90/180 days late on my two college loans that I didn't acknowledge mainly because I was deployed. They said I got denied because of my debt, late payments or deliquices, and my public record(paid off early of 2013). I only have two credit cards just recently paid off one my $500 credit card. I don't want to grow old, not be able to get what I want not enjoying life because of a damn score that burdens my life.

college loan 1             1225
ccollege loan 2            2611.84
credit card                    1088

I need a vehicle especially with work, but it's hard for me to get financing for it even from local credit unions. At this point I no choice of getting one of those 'bad credit' loans with 16% or so interest, then refinance it later. Shoud I take out a other credit card maybe for gas, something small you know making payments on that too? I just want to know should I keep up with montly payments or is it better paying off the debt completly?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: I really need help on rebuilding my credit

You should call and reach out to your loan servicer on the student loans. Let them know that you were deployed during the late payments and see if they can do anything to help. I know Chase has a military hotline dedicated to help service members who were or are deployed with these kinds of things. I know of instances where they have even forgiven charged off checking accounts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.