Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received validation,,,now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received validation,,,now what?

First response I received since sending out about 10 dv letters about 3 weeks ago..The cs is rms and their collecting on behalf of finger hut...I think I know what to do by reading all the posts...I should call the ca and try to work out a settlement, right...There's no need to ask for deletion letter because their not reporting, fingerhut is...After I pay the ca, I should then write a gw letter to fingerhut....Just want to make sure before I proceed....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I received validation,,,now what?

You want to negotiate a pay for not reporting with the CA.
Message 2 of 6
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

If Finger is reporting, you can send a CERTIFIED LETTER w. return receipt ( that green card attached) and pay them directing. Make sure you know the correct amount, some CA's will trying to charge you more than you owe. Get all deals in writing and request a removal from them. NEVER take what they say orally. Always get payment solutions and decisions in writing. Try to avoid any phone contact with the CA's, they can be slimy and try to trap you. Also keep documentation/ a log  of who you spoke to and what was said. This helps if you ever be sued and this is your proof of conversations. Save all letters your received as well. Good luck.
Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

As mentioned, you need a PFNR from the CA. If they do not agree, you could try and see if the OC will accept a PIF and pull back the a/c from the CA. If the OC does not agree, DV the CA.

ETA: Has the CA validated the DV properly?

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 04-11-2009 03:20 PM
Message 4 of 6
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

You need to contact the one who reporting. Which you state Fingerhut. You never said what your disputing and why, Maybe that will help to get a full picture of the situation to get a better idea of how to help resolve the issue. good luck. Woman Wink
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Nothingman.

Contact Fingerhut, and see if they'll take payment.  Then you can offer a PFD, and cut the CA out entirely.

If Fingerhut won't play ball, then offer the PFNR to the not-reporting CA.  Once paid, you can GW Fingerhut.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.