Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I seriously HATE credit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously HATE credit!

so my dispute with transuin ended and I felt it went great. Had my only two judgements removed and 4 other adverse accounts. so I get my FICO change notification today and my score DROPS 15 points?! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: I seriously HATE credit!

That's great you are getting some negative items removed. What baddies do you have left? Can you elaborate on your current credit profile and what your utilization is?

Message 2 of 7
kjel
Established Contributor

In general while rebuilding scores go up and go down. You may have been rebucketed due to the derogatory TLs being deleted. This happened to me several times along the way rebuilding from 514 to 700+. 

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the status of each dispute?  Have all been updated to show the dispute is concluded, and the pending dispute flag removed?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

so my dispute with transuin ended and I felt it went great. Had my only two judgements removed and 4 other adverse accounts. so I get my FICO change notification today and my score DROPS 15 points?! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

If the adverse accounts were pretty old, it probably reduced your AAoA. In the long run, cleaner is always better. Do you have adequate current credit accounts established and growing?

Message 5 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is a hard hit always when the negatives go away and your score drops. I had this happen when I sucessfully had to charge-offs removed by dispute with Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. My AAOA account dropped signifigantly and I was like what!!! how can this be! but within 6 months I started to see an increase consistently with my fico score. 

Message 6 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the removals!!! Sometimes it seems like a rollercoaster ride. Just remember the ride always ends on level ground. 

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.