Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shouldn't have looked....

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I shouldn't have looked....

I checked EQ and EX both had about 40 point increase in the last month....I kept saying I was going to wait another 30 days to check TU, I pulled the trigger and checked today and boom. Down from 631 to 612!  Smiley Sad.   I do have one installment loan that only reports to EQ and EX and I paid it off last month....that explains an boost in score on those two, but not the 19 point drop with TU?  I just applied for a NFCU checking account...could that HP have cost me almost 20 points??? Terrible. Smiley Sad

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: I shouldn't have looked....

Your score will bounce back. The important thing is  overall your moving in the right direction. Smiley Happy

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 8
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

The NCFU would not have hit you that hard.  At least it didnt me.    Just becareful, as many of us have apped for CC's and have been successful, we have seen a few score increases, lower utilization but there is an underlying factor that will affect you.  Your BNI score.   I was getting a line of credit from my CU and the underwriters flagged me as a high risk BNI (potential bankruptcy indicator).  I was like whoaaaaaaaaa, didnt see that coming.    The biggest thing for me that has held my score down besides inquiries, are the balance transfers, waiting for the cards to post what the true balance is  etc.

But i do warn everyone that is starting the rebuilding thru credit cards, it can lower your BNI score and make it harder to refinance an older, high interest sub prime loan.   It has me.  I got around it because i was trying to do it with a LOC and did it thru a personal loan thru the CU.  ( not sure why the loan officer sai di should do LOC)  but the interest is only 1% more and its dropping from an orginal 26% and is saving me $80 bucks a month so im still happy Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Paying off an auto loan would not affect your util as installment loan have their own util %. Did you have any baddies or have baddies on your report? What was your util?

DaBears

Message 4 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

My util was around 50%, now its down to 10% but of course Cap1 hasn't reported since I paid them down.....Could it be because of the deletions of some old accounts? I still have a judgement, Calvary (6k) and of course 2 unpaid Midlands. 

I have 80k in student loan debt never late, 12k left on a 20k auto loan never late, and credit cards oldest is VS 2006, newest is Barclays MC (last month). I was trying to get into NFCU so I could refinance my auto or get a personal loan to pay off Calavary. I need to do something before the end of the year!

Message 5 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

What is your AAoA at? the score drop could be your AAoA is reduce now.

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Collections should not affect your AAoA, that is just OC accounts.

It isn't the inquiry.  Too many points lost for that.

Are you sure nothing else happened on the TU report?

Message 7 of 8
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I found out what happened! The score of 631 was from Barclays CLI denial letter. My TU has remained 612. Thanks for helping me investigate though. 

AAoA is 7 years 9 months....it dropped a bit when I opened Barclays...but, Cap1 and Target that were opened in 9/2013 still haven't shown up yet. I was told if I can keep it at least 6 years I should be ok. Is that true?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.