Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I signed up with MyFico today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up with MyFico today

I bit the bullet today and signed up for 3 CB monitoring and scores.  My starting scores were given to me by the mortgage lender that pulled my credit and the current scores are what MyFico gave me today after I signed up.  For some reason EQ took a bit hit of -46 points but the other 2 have gone up.  I hope the 25$ a month ends up being worth it.

Starting scores:  TU 540   Exp570   EQ 617

Current scores:  TU 599   Exp 588 EQ 571

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I signed up with MyFico today

It will be -- the monitoring really helps me stay focused on keeping utilization low.  

Message 2 of 8
CBrent
New Contributor

It's been worth it for me. I spent so many years being ignorant about good credit habits and FICO scoring that my subscription is like tuition. I'm getting a long-overdue education that I should have learned growing up. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on signing up. I'm going to bite the bullet as well here soon. I've been told what some have already said -- it seems to be well worth it. I spend $25 a month on a bunch of wasteful things, so for monitor my credit health, it's a no-brainer. Cheers to improving your scores. I believe we are near same score levels across the board.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad to see that 2 of them increased, possibly due to disputed accounts being deleted, but I'm a little bummed about EQ dropping like it did. It was over 600 and now it's below. Still not sure why. I guess I have officially boarded the credit repair roller coaster.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had it for a couple of months but it doesn't update fast enough for me.  I'm going to stick with the free sites for my reports, and then come here and buy scores prior to apping.  It just got too frustrating for me to know that I had new accounts or other things that should have triggered an update only to get nothing.  Last week I ended up buying two new credit reports and guess what......scores increased.  My take is that they know that rebuilders are anxious for score updates so they'll end up subscribing to score monitoring AND buying additional reports and scores.

Message 6 of 8
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

I've found it to be worth it and motivating to me during my rebuild. I am not sure that I'll keep it forever, but certainly until my reports are clean. I just cut out a few lattes a month.

Message 7 of 8
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I had Equifax's monitoring service for the longest time and then discovered that they weren't even giving real Fico Scores... In fact, they had my score listed about 80 points lower than FICO...

So that was the real reason I switched -- that and the fact that I get all 3 Fico scores for the same price that Equifax was charging me for theirs.  

I do miss the ability to update my credit report frequently for free -- Credit Karma just doesn't do it for me -- especially the way they show the Equifax report.  

If nothing else -- I find this forum worth the price of admission!  It just kills me that you actually have to pay money to the CRAs for the privelege of seeing your own information which is incorrect anyway.  It would be like if I wanted to know what my weight over time, the doctor said "well, I'll tell you but only after you pay me 20 bucks per month!"  And if one month, they recorded my weight as 700 pounds instead of my svelte 125 (at least that's what my driver's license says so I'm sticking with it!), and I try to get them to correct it, they say "you have to PROVE to me that I was wrong with your own documentation -- which I may or may not accept!"

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.