cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I am going to cry!!! WHAT TO DO? HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am going to cry!!! WHAT TO DO? HELP!

Ok here is the situation.  I am desperately wanting to get approved for a house an move out of my apartment byh the end of May.  I have one loan and a credit card.  The credit card was at a credit limit of $1500.  Well i have gotten it down to $126.  Which has not been reflected on my credit report.  By the way it was closed by the creditor because I had two late payments in September of 2008.  The loan was at $1949.  And I got it down to $600.  My credit scores are TU-532  EQ: 608 and EX: 589.  Here is my question since I got my credit card all the way to 9% UTI, do you think I can jump that middle score from 589 to 620 in the next two weeks.  My credit card company (WAMU) reports to the Credit Bureaus after the statment date, which is after the 22nd of the month.  I want to see a mortgage person at the end of this month but I am afraid my score will not have jumped up that much to get approved.   WHAT DO I DO? 
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I think I am going to cry!!! WHAT TO DO? HELP!

First off.. BREATHE.

You are going to be fine. I am guessing you will gain the 30 pts you need once the updated balance reports. I of course can't say for sure without knowing your overall credit picture.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there some information that I can give to you that may help me?  Is there really a big jump when you get to 9% UTI on credit reports.  Did I mention that I paid off an installment loan that only had like $200 left on it?  Is that going to hurt me by doing that?
Message 3 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Paying off the installment loan probably won't matter much. Do you have any other cards? If so, what are the CL and balances? Any other lates or other derog items?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any other credit cards besides the one that I previously mentioned.  I have only two recent lates on that card and that was in August and September of 2008
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is that card? Does it have an otherwise excellent credit history? If so, call them and BEG them for a GW. Removing one of those lates will more than likely boost your score a bit.

Too, once your lower utilization hits the CRAs, you should get a lovely boost from that, too.

I sincerely wish you the BEST of luck!! Please keep us posted!!!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that card in 2007.  I tried to do GW.  And they said no. 

Message 7 of 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Did you try to talk to a supervisor? be persistent!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAPER their offices with GWs. I mean, decide on a time-frame that suits you (like, say, "I'm going to devote 4 months to getting this stupid thing GWed" ) and then send them one every other day for that length of time. Sooner or later, they'll get tired of your harassing them and give in.

Buy oodles of colored stationery and mayhap spritz them lightly with nice perfume. Anything that will make YOUR GW stand out.

Another idea is if the card is closed (I think now, that I might have read that), wait a teensy bit and open a new account with them. They'll try harder to make a current customer happy (and possibly give a GW) than they will an EX-customer.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks I will do it!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.