cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I'm stuck between good and bad credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm stuck between good and bad credit.

I Really have been working hard on fixing past mistakes and starting new clean credit lines. But I think I'm stuck in the abyss between good credit and bad credit.    I've been approved for a few things but until I pay off old debts I think I'm gonna be gardening because I just can't get any prequals. My debt ratio is high because of a few old co's that are still reporting  as open maxed out balances.  I even tried the prosper and lending club sites so I could go ahead and pay them off and then just pay off the loan in 3 to 6 months but even they say my until is to high.  Like I said I'm in the abyss.  Just not sure what else to do to improve this situation other than wait.  I tried cli's on all my current cards but that was a nogo.  

My fico 8 scores are 657,653,652.  

My inquiries are tu (11), eq (17), ex (4).

I have NFCU cash rewards (3000), merrick (1500) 2 cap ones (1500 each), spark bus (1500), kay (1500), sams club mc (250), walmart store (400), paypal smart credit (690), belk (300), lowes (300), kohls (300), VS (500) and I am an au on fiancess NFCU cash rewards (12500). 2 mortgages that are about (11 and 6 years old). and a carmax auto loan (3months old)

The only one that carries a balance is the one I'm an AU on because we used it to combine a couple of fiancees cards into one payment.  But it's only 20% util on it. No late payments or problems in just under four years, but a couple of the chargeoffs do report as recent CO because they have resubmitted info.    So any suggestions on what to do.  Gardening is hard,  but I've been strong 3 months now.  Tried to get cli on everything except the NFCU card ( just waiting on next AR, then I'm gonna push that button hard, lol).  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I'm stuck between good and bad credit.

@Anonymous wrote:

I Really have been working hard on fixing past mistakes and starting new clean credit lines. But I think I'm stuck in the abyss between good credit and bad credit.    I've been approved for a few things but until I pay off old debts I think I'm gonna be gardening because I just can't get any prequals. My debt ratio is high because of a few old co's that are still reporting  as open maxed out balances.  I even tried the prosper and lending club sites so I could go ahead and pay them off and then just pay off the loan in 3 to 6 months but even they say my until is to high.  Like I said I'm in the abyss.  Just not sure what else to do to improve this situation other than wait.  I tried cli's on all my current cards but that was a nogo.  

My fico 8 scores are 657,653,652.  

My inquiries are tu (11), eq (17), ex (4).

I have NFCU cash rewards (3000), merrick (1500) 2 cap ones (1500 each), spark bus (1500), kay (1500), sams club mc (250), walmart store (400), paypal smart credit (690), belk (300), lowes (300), kohls (300), VS (500) and I am an au on fiancess NFCU cash rewards (12500). 2 mortgages that are about (11 and 6 years old). and a carmax auto loan (3months old)

The only one that carries a balance is the one I'm an AU on because we used it to combine a couple of fiancees cards into one payment.  But it's only 20% util on it. No late payments or problems in just under four years, but a couple of the chargeoffs do report as recent CO because they have resubmitted info.    So any suggestions on what to do.  Gardening is hard,  but I've been strong 3 months now.  Tried to get cli on everything except the NFCU card ( just waiting on next AR, then I'm gonna push that button hard, lol).  

How big are those charge-offs? Are they past SOL?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

all Chargeoffs happened in 2011 and are beyond the SOL.  The problem is they are still owned by Original Creditor and report as maxed out so it looks like I have 3 of my Tradelines at over 100 percent util.  I have plans to save up over the next six months to pay one off every other month.  Total of about 5600 altogether.  I want and need to pay them.  I owe them.  Should never have went unpaid anyways, but went through divorce and something had to give.  And I didn't want to lose my house.  I had to pay ex pretty heavily for the past 4 years because of half ownership in business to buy her half out.  But that is all done.  So I have been gradually cleaning up old debts.  I'll get there,  Just wondering what else there is I can do before I am able to pay those chargeoffs.  I have a feeling it's just gardening till they are paid.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send them settlement offers for 50%. Offer to PIF only if they will delete the tradelines. At 50% you currently have enough credit to pay them off now. Then you would have something to work on now - paying down your UTI, and watching your scores grow as you do so!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that's a great idea.  I

was thinking I wanted to pif so that I could reopen cards with them someday.  But at this point I'm ready just to get them gone and worry about being blacklisted later.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.