Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I made a mistake

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I made a mistake

Before I found this forum I set it up so the ca (ucb) would automatically deduct $50 per month from my checking. This is fine by me but I owe $5000. I have had success in the past with them settling for less but never new of a pfd. I am close to having the entire amount saved up to start dealing with them but have some questions. If I offer less and ask for delete and they deny should I make them stop deducting monthly? If I ask them for pfd and they deny should stop the auto pmt? Any other advice would help also. And by the way. Thanks to everyone on here I had a successful gw with key bridge last month.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: I think I made a mistake

In all honesty, there is no set code to if a company gets a certain letter they will stop taking your money.....

its a crap shoot, if they accept, then WOOHOO, if not, then well wait and see what happens.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 3
SGTRobocop
Established Member

Re: I think I made a mistake

If they say "NO" what will change from your current standing?

1-2012 EX-504/EQ511/TU505
2-2012 EX551/EQ564/TU565
3-2012 EX-577/EQ573/TU602
4-2012 EX-603/EQ677/TU683
5-2012- EX-748/EQ683/TU758
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.