Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've hit a roadblock

tag
RaVeN50G
Valued Member

I think I've hit a roadblock

Ok so I've been lurking through these forums for a while and first of all I want to thank everyone here. You guys have been helpful and I believe I've really learned a lot. I started out with a Fico score of around 540 and now I've gotten it up to around 660. I've succesfully cleared out most of the baddies from my credit report but I still have 2 accounts from Chase that they refuse to delete. I sent out a bunch of GW letters and I've been denied left and right. One card is paid in full through Chase and the other one paid less than full with the CA. During my conversation with one of the rep's from the Executive Office she told me that Chase no longer handles the debt that was sold to the CA and that I should redirect all of my questions to the CA. Now my question is since Chase no longer handles that debt, am I able to dispute the charge with the credit bureaus? and if so, what do you think my chances are of this getting that specific tradeline deleted?

TU: 707 (11/2014) EX: 696 (12/2014) EQ: 670 (12/2014) All Lender Pulls.
Short Term Goal: 700 Across the Board Long Term Goal: 750+
| Macy's: 1k | Barclay's Rewards: 3.3K | Quicksilver 3.8K | QuickSilverOne 1.5k | AMEX BCE 5.5K | DiscoverIT 6.1K |
USAA VISA Rewards 7K |
Last App 12/2014. In The Garden Till 12/2015... Hopefully
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: I think I've hit a roadblock

Why would you dispute it? Is it reporting incorrectly? 

I woud say if a collection agency is who is reporting, they are who you should be goodwilling not Chase.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 6
RaVeN50G
Valued Member

The reporting agency is no longer reporting it. Chase is the OC and they're the only one reporting the debt at this point.

| Macy's: 1k | Barclay's Rewards: 3.3K | Quicksilver 3.8K | QuickSilverOne 1.5k | AMEX BCE 5.5K | DiscoverIT 6.1K |
USAA VISA Rewards 7K |
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RaVeN50G wrote:

The reporting agency is no longer reporting it. Chase is the OC and they're the only one reporting the debt at this point.

On the account they sold to a CA they have to report it at a 0 balance with notations transferred or sold to another lender. GW letters always go to the entity that is reporting on your CRs and I would continue with GWs at the rate of one a month to the Chase EO until you get the desired result, sometimes it takes years. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
RaVeN50G
Valued Member

Ok thank you. It looks like they're reporting it fine. I guess I'll just wait it out a bit and try again or let it age out. I live in New York so I only have 1 more year before they both fall off.

USAA VISA Rewards 7K |
Message 5 of 6
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

For the one that was PIF, I would definately send another GW letter.  IME Chase deleted 2 PIF (one was just deleted in March), not CO'd but very deliquent, would not delete a PIF CO or settled account.  

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.