cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I typed the wrong number in my PDF and they accepted, advice needed!

tag
benben7
Regular Contributor

I typed the wrong number in my PDF and they accepted, advice needed!

I have a charge off account with Leasecomm. This account is scheduled to be removed in June 2010 according to my experian report. They still own the account. The account was opened september of 2001. As I didn't want to wait until June I sent them a PFD letter. Here's the bad part. In my letter I offered 10 percent or what I thought was 10 percent. However, I did not proof read my letter and typed the full amount of 1232.00 instead of 123.20. I know, I can hear everyone laughing. (It's all I could to as well)

So guess what, they responded and said:

This letter is to confirm our agreement to settle the above-referenced account for the sum of 1232 and needs to be paid on or before 2/21/2010. Upon clearance of funds, your leasecomm account will be paid in full and we will update your credit report to reflect "paid in full and never late"

If payment is missed, this agreement will be considered null and void. (does this mean they will remove all lates or should I get that in writing from them as well?)

They want me to sign and fax this back to them, which I have not.

Other facts: I have cleaned my credit up to a point where it's now thin. I still have a few badies left falling off this summer. This Leasecomm is the second oldest trade line I have next to my mortgage. The mortgage is paid off and it show paid as agreeded. If I do nothing it will fall off in June, however if I paid the $1232.00 it will show up as another account that is good standing. So advice is needed on what other members think? Should I resend them a letter for the correct amount or offer up a little more? (123.20)

Another account question I'm in need of advice;

Several months ago I send a DV to a collection agency and they did not respond. I got the letter from this forum. They received it because I got a signed green cards back. I did it twice. I known the balance is wrong on the account and wanted to see if they owned it. I send a copy of this information to Equifax. 

This is what came in the mail yesterday.

We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusion are:

The disputed metroplitan account xxxxxxx is currently not reporting on the Equifax credit file. (What does this mean?)

This metrop account shows no activity on my report. It is almost 6 years old. How do I get this off of equifax. Should I dispute with them again and send in this letter that they send me? 

Thanks everyone for your help.

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I typed the wrong number in my PDF and they accepted, advice needed!

Was the $123.20 the actual amount owed???  If so.....

I'd send a fax back with adjusted amt.  Mention that you'd made an obvious mistake with the dollar amount & would like a corrected reply/agreement back from them.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

"

Another account question I'm in need of advice;

Several months ago I send a DV to a collection agency and they did not respond. I got the letter from this forum. They received it because I got a signed green cards back. I did it twice. I known the balance is wrong on the account and wanted to see if they owned it. I send a copy of this information to Equifax. 

This is what came in the mail yesterday.

We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusion are:

The disputed metroplitan account xxxxxxx is currently not reporting on the Equifax credit file. (What does this mean?)

This metrop account shows no activity on my report. It is almost 6 years old. How do I get this off of equifax. Should I dispute with them again and send in this letter that they send me? 

Thanks everyone for your help."

Reading those 2 comments in red...it seems they have stopped reporting since you are disputing.  Another dispute isn't the answer.  

You say that what they want $$$ isn't the correct amount.  I'm assuming it's more than the OC states.  This happens often.  The CA can add interest.

Message 3 of 6
benben7
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon BungalowMo,

This metrop is collecting for enterprise. They do not own the account. I started my credit repair last april 2009 and the account remains the same. No updating or remarks of any kind. That was why I decided to send them DV. Any ideas would be great here. 

Thanks so much

Message 4 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@benben7 wrote:

Good afternoon BungalowMo,

This metrop is collecting for enterprise. They do not own the account. I started my credit repair last april 2009 and the account remains the same. No updating or remarks of any kind. That was why I decided to send them DV. Any ideas would be great here. 

Thanks so much

Are both enterprise and metrop reporting, or just metrop?

Message 5 of 6
benben7
Regular Contributor

Hi Mo,

Metropolitan collection only reporting the account.

Thanks for your advice on what to do with the leasecomm account. I'll let you know what happens.

benben

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.